Is 23 too young to worry that I may never meet the right girl?

I am 3 weeks from being 23 and I feel kinda old at this point it. Not old physically just mentally im beginning my venture into the real world. I am tired of of flings and hookups at this point. I'm to the point where I am ready to have meet the girl I really fall for and settle down with. Every night I go to sleep I imagine what it would be like to simply cuddle as I fall asleep with the same person every night and really form a connection. I thought I had that in college for 2 years but things didn't work out and now I'm wondering if I ever will meet the right girl.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course you're going to meet the right girl. You've literally got your entire life ahead of you. I'm sure you relationship might've seemed like everything was set but you shouldn't let that worry you. You're super young, you've got like 70 years of life to look forward to, and you seem like a genuine guy. The right girl will definitely come your way.

• 13d

Well the of course everyone meets that person sounds good but I have seen people who never did and I'm thinking that could be me.

• 13d

So work on it. Everything about us could always be improved. I used to be deathly afraid of talking to people because I was bullied a lot growing up. It wasn't until I started working where I was forced to interact with all kinds of people and be confident about it. Now it's not hard anymore and handling customers, asking questions, going up to people isn't that difficult. Sometimes it's even easy. You have to force yourself out of your comfort zone. Only you can give yourself the push you need to make that change.

• 6d

Thank you for the MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• For a guy, yes that's too young. Women are the ones to be worried. They have it much harder when it comes to aging.

What Girls Said 17

• Eh... yes and no. Lol.

Usually somewhere your mid-twenties are about when you start to recognize that you even want it... and simultaneously realize that we don't technically always get what we want.

However... there's no age too old to meet that special someone. I don't know if it's a matter of when it's your time to find them or what... but... don't strike yourself out just yet.

When my boyfriend and I first went out... he shared an... mmm... anecdote with me about his father. He told me of how his father always warned him of falling too young... he'd bring a girl home and his father would tell him "You're probably not gonna like her in 5 years. Don't settle." A few years later... the same... and every time he'd bring a girl home his father would tell him to wait... to wait for a woman mature enough, experienced enough... and for himself to be as well. He's 33 now. (His father and mother are still together and happy.) Incidentally... his mother was significantly younger... so I can only guess that maybe he felt it was important to experience enough about growth in yourself to love another... and truthfully... I don't blame him. A key part of our relationship is based on having learned some great lessons over time... about who we were, what we wanted, what reality means, etc. You have time to get over immature behaviors.

Also... my boyfriend and I openly admitted that we hadn't really been sure we'd find love either... and we'd have never guessed that the show we went to would lead to love the way did.

• you still have time! 23 is pretty young. i think when you reach 30 is when it's starting to go downhill

• Way too young to start worrying. Here's my situation to cheer you up ;) I met my boyfriend two months ago. He's 33 and I'm 29 ! And we think we're the right persons to each other !

• Yes. You could meet the right girl at age 63.

• You're still really young. I know that it seems like it's taking forever to meet your soul mate but trust me in the end the wait will be so worth it. Hang in there!

• 13d

Well my concern is I've gotten into spending my evenings going out for drinks and I see the same older men at the bar alone everyday and I think that could be me so I get really stressed cause clearly they are twice ny age and still haven't met their sole mate.

• 13d

Or they are divorced and coming back at it. So in that sense I guess they never did meet their soul mate, but they are more experienced.

• You're still young. Chill hon, go be sociable and maybe you'll find someone.

• I already worry about that and I'm only 18

• My parents didn't meet until their mid/late thirties and they're Still very in love and happily married

• Yeah, it is too young buddy.

• Yess you still have plenty of time to figure it out.

• Don't think about it so much. Leave it on your fate. Focus on your career instead. :)

• You're still young! You will meet the right girl. Just have patience

• Yes, it is, especialy you are A man, too young

• 13d

Well being a "man " doesn't mean I care about my number or brag about how plastered I can get. I am ashamed about how much time I spend going out alone and don't like being "free". a lot of men my age love having money and living single but not all men.

• You seem more mature than the average men your age and that's nice but seriously stop worrying, go and live your life and when you least expect, the right girl will come. Don't over think/ over complicate things. Good luck

• Your only 23. It's too young. People are living to 100's these days
    And there's millions of people out there. The more you rush it the worse you'll feel

• Yep. My new babe is 27 and I'll be his first. Completely falling for him haha, and I'm an attractive girl as well. Don't worry, I've felt lonely for many years too. It'll all be worth it one day so instead, get excited about meeting your future girl and all the good times you'll have together. You'll never be alone again when you have her.

• Life is not a game! Is not like once u turn 23 ur life is over. As long as there is still a tomorrow they are always chances. Don't plan out ur life like it was levels. "By late 20s i'll be marry" by '30 I'll have a family/be owner of something"
    Is not. The beauty of life that is unpredictable

What Guys Said 2

• Your too young to be thinking about this...
    What's wrong with you bro?

• Probably.. my age is definitely too young though.