How does one let someone doen gently?

I am used to getting rejected. It doesn't even phase me anymore. recently a girl asked me out via a note, and i... im just not interested. she is convinced i like her because im nice to her (her friends told me this) and i do, as a friend. please help I've never rejected anyone before

Most Helpful Girl

• Just tell her, straight up, no bullshit that you like her, but you don't like her as more than a friend, but you are flattered by her interest and are unbothered that she tried to initiate something with you. Seeing as she's a teen girl this is the gentlest way to do it.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell her that you're not in the phase to be dating anyone right now. Or just mention to her that you think you guys work better as friends.

What Guys Said 4

• You tell them you are joining a strange religion. This really works

• Tell her that you have stuff in common and you like her as a friend and care about her, but you just don't have romantic feelings for her.
    Then make plans to do something fun together as friends for some time very soon after. Don't wait, otherwise things will become awkward and you won't talk to each other after a while.

• Talk to her straight up that your not interested as soon as possible! Be really nice but honestly however you say it she will feel rejected, sadly :(

• Tell her you only see her as a friend.