Getting Text Message Dumped?

What's your opinion on it? Would you ever do it/have you done it? Does it suck more than in person? Has it just become one of those things that happens to much for people to care

Most Helpful Guy

• Immature way of breaking up.

What Guys Said 4

• People are often afraid to give bad news directly to someone, so they resort to texting.

It's not the right thing to do but understandable; they are just trying to save people from being embarrassed by a face to face rejection and think it will be easier for them with a text message.

• to be honest. if you love someone and they dump you no matter whether its over the internet, in person, via a friend, or by text message or any other way its going to hurt you. so really its as bad as the others isn't it. and for the record I haven't done it and never would

• But don't you think it's a little disrespectful to do it any way but in person? It kinda shows the person that you never cared in the first way not to mention the cowards way out. I get it if you're like hours away from them and won't see them in weeks. And good for you a lot of girls out there thank you

• Yes I do think its a little disrespectful but then so is making somebody believe you love them and just breaking up with them anyway.

• Thats totaly dis-respectfull. If he doesn't have the balls to tell you in person then he ain't worth getting upset about.

• text dumped means the guy is a retard and is scared to do it in person , he should have at LEAST called you

What Girls Said 8

• Its disrespectful. If you care about them, tell them to their face.

Dumping someone is never easy.

But text dumping, sorry that makes you a coward in my books. Also, it makes the other person feel like you never valued them or the relationship if your "leaving" the easiest way you can.

Ask yourself this, how would you like being dumped via text message? Then remember, what goes around, comes around.

You have to give respect, to get it. Be a giver... Don't be a coward.

• I'm definitely no coward and you pretty much described every reason why I'm p*ssed about getting dumped via text.

• Im ok with text break ups. Not that I've ever done it. But It has happened to me, and I have to say, its easier than hearing it in person. Because by text, I can cry and walk away. In person, its hard because you start asking so many questions, and you start saying things you weren't able to say when you were together, and the next thing you know, you're slowly begging for him/her not to break up with you. And it just hurts even more, because you know they will either way. And you're left feeling like a fool. Plus I hate watching the other person walk away. That feeling they leave you, and that image sticks in your head... forever.

Regardless if they break up with me by text or in person, I'm always gona feel like they didn't care as much, or that everything was a lie, or that I didn't mean as much.

It doesn't matter how its done... it won't change the pain/feeling they leave you with.

• it is the most awful, cowardly thing you can do to someone. My ex broke up with me thru text after a year and a half.I told him to grow a pair. If you have any respect for anyone besides yourself, you wouldn't break up with someone over text. It sucks more than any other way to break up. I would NEVER do that to someone

• I think it depends on the situation. If I went and did something really horrible to a boyfriend that was just unforgivable then maybe I would deserve that text breakup. But in general I think it's a cowardly thing to do.

• Well, it's better than silence, which I have experienced in the past. At least you know for sure where you stand.

It's impolite, yes, to dump someone this way. But it's less impolite than just stopping all communication with NO explanation at all!

• i honestly hate it! its shows that they rnt strong enough to do it in person but its good in one way so you won't break down crying in front of them...

• See I'm weird I want them to see my face cause when people first break up with me my face goes into I don't care mode it's always after I break down

• I personally would never do it...But some plp really think that a txt would soften the blow.

• thats some bullsh*t if someone txts dumps you then they are an asshole and a coward. they could have ended things with more dignity and respect than that