Someone super close to me is having an a baby & the father is scum... why does she stay with him?

She met this guy a little over a year ago & he hasn't shown ONE redeeming quality; he's gotten high every day, he drinks like a fish, he's thought about doing his cousin (first cousin, btw), he's dislocated her ring finger, lied, insulted her, constantly argued with her, has spoken to other women behind her back... now she's having his kid & she STILL won't dump his ass! The guy barely gives her any money, he's said the he doesn't think the baby is his, ditched her for a while, and has SCREAMED the 9 words a man should never say in front of the woman he got pregnant ("I don't want to have a child with her") but he's supposedly improving but she knows there's a good chance he won't care after the baby is born...(she doesn't even like his family, in all honesty) so why does she stay with this grade "A" asshole?

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly don't know. A lot of women are stupid when it comes to relationships. They make bad decisions and reasoning with them doesn't work. Eventually when they have been hurt enough they'll break up and become cynical.

• 14d

I really hope she doesn't turn into a cynical person... I've always tried my best to make her happy (despite not being her boyfriend)
      Am I stupid for thinking that she'll realize that he's a douche one day & that I could make a good boyfriend?

What Guys Said 1

• Well it's her loss, she's obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed and there's not much you can do about it.

• 14d

That's the thing though... she's actually really smart!

• 14d

Apparently not where it counts...

• 14d

But she recognizes that he's a piece of shit & she knows she deserves a good guy
      So is there a possibility that she's gonna ditch him after the baby is born?