What qualities of a girl would put you off approaching her?

I want to know what might put you off approaching a girl or wanting to talk to her because guys avoid me A LOT like they never approach me, I can not remember being approached once in my life lool. I'm quite calm irl and personally don't think I'm scary. Is it something I'm doing or is it just the way i look :(

15d yo answer this i don't wanna die alone

What Guys Said 15

• You need to smile, show some teeth, it makes you look friendlier. A lot of guys don't have the guts to go up to a woman for fear of rejection. I know most women wouldn't laugh at us or talk shit to us for trying, but we often tend to think the worst would happen, and yes it probably wouldn't happen, but in our heads, it will be the most embarrassing moment that we can imagine. So if you smile at a guy, and look down to the side, it says to us, come and talk to me, I'm shy, so I will not approach. And even then, some guys won't approach, but more guys will likely approach than none. Good luck. You can also look up things on google to be more approachable.

• 15d

yeah thats a good point lol i don't tend to smile at people + if i think a guy's attractive i will probably just look away

• 15d

Why would you look away? Bc you're shy? If you just look away and not at least smile as you look away, he will just think you're not interested. Practice smiling at everybody, even guys that you don't think is cute, it'll make your facial muscles gets used to it, so when you do see someone cute, you won't hesitate to smile. We only get one chance to make a first impression, don't waste it.

• If they don't show confidence. There is a difference between being shy and not having any confidence. Also if I like a girl and were both going to an event but she flakes out. That is a major turn off.
    Don't worry about being approached. Most guys won't approach cause we learned that it is not a good way to ask out a woman. They have shown that they don't like it by insulting us or obviously lying to us. I'll get to know a woman a bit before I ask her out. I won't just like a girl and go ask her out. I need to know her personality a bit first.

• i dont know... u only have that small pic and its of u wearing a loose shirt. i am not a fan of filters, but u have a cute enough face, so if i am going to guess, u are at least "curvy". i know plenty of people like bigger girls and more power to them, more of mine for me :). but i would have zero interest in a thick girl in most cases. i like skinny or athletic. firm bodies, good shape. while it is really hit and miss, i have seen girls with more meat on them that carry it well, but its extreme case by case, and i have seen u in something that has convinced me of this. though i am one of the rare ones ;) i dont judge girls with the "slut ho" and shit brands, so that stuff won't affect my opinion of them. how they interact with others though. i do watch this, my gfs have been either extremely friendly or no one wants to talk to them lol, sounds like u hehe. the no one wants to talk to them was only one. it was a weird relationship, but she was homecoming queen and later prom queen. she was very pretty. no one talked to her because they were intimidated by her looks. she told me this on the first day i talked to her. which was in a crowed library lol... thats a long story hehe.

so u could be "too" chubby or u could be too cute for ur own good. im getting tired but there are a fwe other reasons also. like guys ur age are getting more and more scured to do anything, and well with some reason at least. if u see a guy u like, u can always be the aggressive one and ask him out. chick power and equality and all that stuff ;) . plus depending on who u are aiming for, plenty of guys like aggressive girls. my first girlfriend was a stalker hehe. that was so hot.

• 15d

I don't think I'm too chubby considering I'm a rower who works out 5-6 times a week and I doubt it's being "too pretty" lol probably my height/the way I dress and cool story

• 14d

no one wants an ugly girlfriend. a crappy boyfriend will only be interested in ur looks. he won't care about u at all beyond ur looks. normally after someone is attracted to u BY UR LOOKS, they start to learn about u and figure out if u two match. they learn about ur personality and how u two click. if u are acting like u won't be judging a boyfriend based on his looks... its been a while since i heard someone try to scam anyone with that one. its best to be honest with people. its well known girls are just as shallow as guys. people on here seem to think girls only care about a guys face, though i have not seen anything about that, i find that funny. i know girls get horny just like guys, and no one wants to fuck someone they are not attracted to. even when u are already emotionally attached to them. it will effect ur orgasm.

• 14d

ok stop now cba to read paragraphs

• I really can't answer because I'm too scared to approach anyone, girls or guys lol. But you're really cute in your pic so maybe they are just intimidated by you.

• Lmao you won't die alone 😜
    Off the top of my head I guess a quality would be how she treats others buy rats not something you usually see before a first date.

• She has a bad attitude and projects self importance

• 15d

—also it might be simple shyness on your part that might be confused for standoffish and there are a lot shy guys out there that need some hint. This is typical when you are young. I doubt it is looks.

• For me if I get a arrogant vibe from a girl. And also smoking ^-^ or if she's wearing a dress that's too small and looks uncomfortable :P.

• I don't approach women in general. I've approached only 2 girls in the past 2 years. Never had luck with love so I just stopped trying over time.

Remember, the prettiest ones never get approached. Guys would rather go for the consolation prize because they're much easier if you know what i mean.

• I'd only approach if you show interest. No interest=no approach

• you said that you're from Jupiter. Do I have to say anything else? :P

• 15d

loool dont discriminate against us jupitonians smh 😤

• 15d

I'm not sure if @Jxpxtxr will agree with this

• 15d

I'm not from Jupiter so.. I'm from way way farther away :(

• hmm. bad smells.. dirty appearance.. uhm... general differences on a person to person level?

• too done up.

• It's not the way you look, but a lot of guys are really afraid of good looking women.

• Physical put-offs would of-course be tattoo's, piercings, fatness, extreme ugliness, being surrounded by guys, inability to determine your sex...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Could be your personality, how you act and how you dress. I kind of have the same thing but with my looks and i think i scare people off but once they get to know me, im outgoing and nice and then they love my personality.

So you could be like me and people seem to stay away because of how you act or how they see it.
    I dont know but you could approach them and talk to them, mix things up a little. Maybe more guys would come up to you. :)

• Just be confident. It will shine through. And if all out fails, approach the guy and strike up a conversation.

• hitler didn't think he was scary either. well if you smile honestly but not like overexaggerating weirdo and are fun to be around they'll come to you.

• If she's insecure and closed in