Not sure about going out with this guy... yet?

We live in a small community where everyone knows each other. If we go out on a date, there's a good chance somebody we know will see us - and then everyone in town will know. I know I always bump into his boss when I'm out and my friends all know him.

The only way we could absolutely avoid being seen is to go to each other's houses, which I wouldn't be comfortable with.

We are hanging out, but never alone at this point. He's asked me whether I would be available to go somewhere with him on the weekend, but it's a super-public event, and I don't know yet if I want to see him long term. How do I stall him?

What Guys Said 1

• Why you have to hide it?

• 9d

Not sure if I want to be with him long term. We are both in positions of authority at work

• 9d

Oh okay. Maybe you have to just internet date meanwhile or find some secret place.

What Girls Said 1

• Why do you want to hide something like that? He doesn't seem to have a problem with it. It's not like you're doing anything wrong by going out with him.