Don't understand why people keep saying to "wait"?

A lot of times I try to talk to different women, but with no avail. I really don't know what I am doing that pushes them away. Well a couple of times I have been that I try to hard, but then again if I don't try then I am said that I am not trying hard enough. I don't know what to really talk about with women, and a few times I have tried I am struggling to find things to say and just randomly say things. Most of the women I have tried to talk to seem to be really hard to talk to at least to me. Where for some reason other guys tend to make the same girl laugh and talk a lot. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, since I haven't really gotten a relationship and doesn't get the particular girl talking.

The main thing I have told is that I need to wait and the right girl will come along, that seems to be very counter-intuitive to what I normally thought I should do. I am not sure what to say, because I never seem to get a girl really talking, or even what to do since I have a hard time getting a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Get some confidence. That's why you can't talk to women

What Guys Said 1

• You don't need to 'wait', you should just go on with your life goals and eventually you'll cross paths with the right person. Never push yourself to 'wait' or 'find' the right girl.