She said I'm lovely, she would love to be with me but she still loves her ex. She said she doesn't want to hurt me. Do I have a chance?

I've been talking to this girl for a while. When I met her she was in a relationship but her man cheated so they broke up. Recently she has been saying we're in a relationship in a jokey manner, so I said "u know how your my girl as a joke, what if it wasn't a joke'. She said I'm lovely and she would love to be with me but she isn't over her ex and she doesn't want to hurt me. I fully understand this and made that clear, I didn't want things to be awkward between us and face to face it isn't, when we text tho it's like she never has time. Her messages are now blunt. I hadn't mentioned it again but I can't get her out of my head. I've never wanted to be in a relationship before until I met her. What should I do?

What Girls Said 6

• I been through something like what she is going through. She hasn't fully healed from what happened with her ex and just doesn't want to rush into something new. She also may feel that its a chance that her and her ex may get back together.

• Tread lightly and carefully. Spend time with her to help her get through the memories of her ex but make sure you aren't setting yourself up to get hurt in the process in case they get back together.

• yeah u have

• Move on. You'll only end up hurting yourself in the long run.

• go on

• Just let her have time to heal from her past relationship don't make a move rn. Be there for her an all, but... I don't know some want a rebound because they miss the affection and attention. Although for this case it sounds like she really does like u. So I will just wait till she is over her ex, but keep the communication going.

What Guys Said 4

• You have oneitus my friend. Start flirting with other women. Let this one go.

• move on she still has feelings fr her ex

• Don't do it trust me you're going to end up hurt. I did the same thing and ended up falling in love with a girl who was still in love with her ex. It bother me a lot all she did was talk about him and get bothered if I talked about him. To go back it really just made me mad. At the end she broke up with me after 7 months saying that she doesn't want a relationship so I recommend you stop before you get hurt

• No, she is not interested, she is hooked on being treated like dirt and you are too nice for / too her. When will guys learn to stay away from damaged goods and to spot obvious redflags?

If that were me, I would never contact her again.