I read a text on my girlfriend's phone that she missed her ex boyfriend like crazy. The text was to her best friend. What should I do?

A week ago my girlfriend had stayed over at my house and her phone was lighting up with messages. When i went to put the phone on silent i noticed that the messages were to her best friend in which my girlfriend's ex was the subject of conversation. Apparently he was starting to see someone else and the message that threw me off was "I miss him like crazy". Right away, as I could not hold it in, I confronted her about it. We've been dating for over 4 months now and prior to her coming over (a Monday) , we did not communicate well the entire weekend that past. Mainly due to the fact that I was extremely busy (we work completely opposite schedules) with work and super frustrated with certain things that happened at work. She mentioned that in the past few days it didn't seem as if I was happy to be with her and that she missed the mutual friends her ex and her shared because those same friends are the ones she grew up with. A week before this text, we were on vacation for the week in the Dominican Republic and had a great time so I don't know how 3 days of miscommunication could cause her to say she missed her ex. I wanted to call it an end right there because I was great to her. I just couldn't understand. She was absolutely devastated that I wanted to break up with her and mentioned that she has no feelings for him and that the only reason she said that was because of those two reasons. A week has past and it still bothers me even though she's trying her best to prove to me that this is what she wants and a future with me is all she desires. I feel like I have taken a step back in our relationship because of this because a feel a little self conscious and cannot seem to understand even though she gave me that explanation. Any thoughts on this? I can provide further detail. I wrote this very quickly

What Girls Said 1

• Dump her. She's still not over him.

• 14d

initially, this is what I wanted to do. But she broke down into tears and insisted she was over this guy and pleaded with me to give her a chance and that this is all she wants. Do you think its worth waiting out to see how she reacts in the coming weeks or let it go... I really like this girl but this just threw me off completely.

• 14d

Im going to tell her its done after her road trip to the states

What Guys Said 1

• Break up. You will only waste time with her.