Tinder-what have you all experienced?

Thinking about joining Tinder, although I am NOT looking to hook up. What experiences have people had? I hear most are looking for a casual fling. What is the average age range?

What Guys Said 19

• I wasn't looking for hookups, but just out of curiosity I installed this stupid app and swiped right for EVERY woman for a day. No matches! I just removed it immediately, because I'm sure I'm not THAT unattractive to not be able to get ANY matches. I never intended to go further anyway, because I don't like hook-ups.

• The most intense conversation I had was "Hey nice to meet you, and welcome to Rome, how are you doing so far? Are you here on vacation, for work, for studies or what else?" "Hey I'm here on vacation with a friend, where do I find the night life?" "Yes, you should check out this place and this place..." "Cool, thanks."
    And then she / they blocked me :D

• What I've experienced? Having to swipe literally EVERY girl right to maybe hopefully get 1 or 2 matches. Out of those 1 or 2 matches they are usually either fake profiles spamming links or girls who weigh like 300 lbs with 4 kids. Then the rare times that a decent looking girl matches with me, I only have like a 30% chance that she'll even reply to me. If she does reply, I'm lucky to get more than 1 reply every few days. When I try to get her number or meet her she says she doesn't know me well enough. NO SHIT YOU DON'T KNOW ME WELL ENOUGH. YOU ONLY REPLY EVERY 3 DAYS! Which is why I ask for the number in the first place! Long story short, Tinder is like playing lotto as a guy. As a girl, most guys are gonna be looking to hook up with you but at least you'll get messages and be able to meet people (or get laid if you want to).

• The vast majority of girls just want attention too boost their ego they usually don't have any intention of meeting up for what ever purpose. I would say about 50% of guys only do it for a chance to hook up. I used it for about a month I would get like 3 to 5 matches a day on average but they would never escalate past texting. A better site that is also free is ok cupid check it out less thirsty guys and a lot more information can be put up about a person.

• i tried it. basically just got a bunch of spam.

• The women on there suck and many never respond lol. Good luck with finding a relationship from tinder. And since you're a girl you'll prob get like 20 messages a day

• Ok the question is: who has met someone on tinder and is actually still with this person?

• Lemme guess. a chat and photi exchange up where 99% are guys that wanna sneak peak at the other 1% that are girls who might upload a nude/sexy pic just to boost their ego. Did i get it?

• I haven't used that shit in over 5 months.

just another feminized cesspool where attention whores go to have their wet dreams. its supposedly a hookup app yet 90/100 women who use it have "I dont do hookups!" as her headline. this gives me the feeling that all the chicks who are in that app are just in for the hype and ego boost when they see how many guys are gonna hit on her

• 14d

Ha! Actually read an Vanity Fair article where a lot of the women on Tinder say they don't hook up but end up doing so. How else do all these dudes hook up with so many women?

• 14d

well I dont have time to play anyone's bullshit mind games. if she says she doesn't do hookups then I'm not gonna bother.

"How else do all these dudes hook up with so many women?"

like I said in my answer most (90/100) women who are on tinder are only there to live off the hype and get an ego boost. maybe they only do hookups with men those especific men they believe they're gonna benefit off of in the long run. hopefully that answers your question

• Absolutely nothing. Never met a single person off tinder.

• Bunch of attention whores with below average looks who think they're all that and a bag of chips

• I have met up with people from Tinder. However, all of those meet ups died fairly fast when I got the know them better and/or they wanted just to hookup.

• Short flings (like dating every week for about 10 weeks), girls who were planning to find their future husbands and start families, girls who disappear, girls who go on one date and then disappear...

• 14d

Future husband? Yikes. Guess when you have so many matches, men/women are like kids in a candy store. They try a little if everything but don't buy anything.

• ı dont have any acount

• Never used it.

• I use it regularly. I havnt experienced or met anyone though

• Nothing at all.

• I''ve had tons of experiences. I could write an essay about it.

I'm just curious who is still seeing the person they met off tinder? It seems like not much serious stuff comes from tinder or any dating sites really.

• 14d

Yup, LTR seem few and far between.

• Good for a chuckle while on the toilet. That's about what I use it for. Could consider a hookup I guess but... nah.

What Girls Said 11

• I met my serious boyfriend on tinder - we've been together for over two years! I went into it the same way as you.. not necessarily looking to hook up, just to meet new people (I'd just moved to a new city). I went on a bunch of dates on it, some of which ended badly and some of which were just a fun way to spend a random Tuesday night. I never intended that something serious would come out of it, but alas! In my case, it did! You never know.. I think that if you just go into it with an all about fun, no pressure attitude, it can be awesome. The average age range is honestly whatever you set it to. There are people from 18 all the way to 40 that I could've connected with, though I found the majority were mid 20s.

• I wouldn't recommend it for serious dating. I fucked one guy, I went on one and only one date with another who ended up being really weird, and I dated another for like a month and then realized he was on tinder because he was horribly awkward and didn't invest any time in me. I really found that even though I was physically attracted to all those people, if I had met them at a party or in class, their personalities would have been an immediate turnoff and I wouldn't have given them the time of day.

• 14d

I will not join. The cons outweigh the pros. Would rather invest my time on a website where you pay and get what you pay for, although nothing is perfect. But-nothing can be worse than Tinder other than Craigslist, lol

• I had Tindr for a bit just to see what all the hype was about. I was up front about how I just wanted to chat and nobody seemed half as pissy about that as 90% of guys from GaG seem to be. A few even just wanted to meet up at a sushi joint we both seemed to like, or a craft beer market dt after I told them that I was into that. We had some pretty philosophical discussions via the Tindr-based messaging feature, too, so... you might have some luck. :)

• Well, I haven't tried Tinder but I've gone on POF and OK cupid. Most of the guys all want to get drunk and have sex. I've met a couple genuine, nice guys but our personalities weren't compatible. Lots of them don't look like their pictures or are shorter than they say they are. Height doesn't really matter to me I just don't like being lied to. I don't put athletic, slim or average as my body type I'm honest and say a few extra pounds so they're not disappointed. Average age range I would say is 20 - early 30's? I've had a few creepy encounters actually where I felt like I was going to be molested or drugged. That's when I was younger and stupid, actually meeting them at a house or inviting them over. SO stupid. I also used to make an ass out of myself by getting to drunk and coming off as desperate lol super embarrassing. Be careful of the clingers. I met one guy and we lived relatively close. He seemed like a nice guy and we hung out twice. One day I was shopping at the grocery store and he came up behind me and went BOO!!! I was like oh hey! :) and we talked to a while he said I've been following you (jokingly and we laughed). I finally went to say well let's hang out soon but I have to go now and he didn't get the hint... he walked with me for 5 blocks. It was freaking me out. Finally his phone rang and it was a friend he was going to meet up with so he left but I would have probably had to tell him to fuck off because I didn't want him knowing where I lived. He "just so happened" to run into me quite a few times while I was out shopping places. It was very weird but here is the weirdest one... I went to a concert with some friends and a guy I had just started dating. The band comes out and everyone is screaming it was so exciting. I get a tap on the shoulder and it's the guy from POF. He was like hey nice to see you :) I was like you too! and he was just staring at me with this blank look on his face not even looking at the band he was literally standing sideways staring at me with his arms by his side standing really still. The guy I was with was like uhhh who is this guy? I'm like he's really creeping me out can you please hold my hand or something. He gave me a kiss, a hug and held my hand. I stopped looking at the POF guy because at this point I was really weirded out. He gave me a really angry look and left the concert.

• 14d

Ok, never leaving my house lol

• 14d

that must be a scary experience

• 14d

@DJtechnojoe Yeah it was

• I have been asked by men on there why I was on Tinder if I wasn't looking to hook-up. I honestly wouldn't recommend it, there really aren't guys on there looking to date.

• 14d

I am... looking to date that is

• 14d

Oh jfc, that's just... haha yeah no, I'd delete the app, and turn off my phone for a week lmao!

• 14d

Yeah, thought she was kidding. She was shocked since her date was in his 40s. Totally pathetic. Guess I will be joining Match. At least people pay and are looking for a LTR.

• I've only ever used it half seriously, and for 24 hours might I add, but I think there's a variety of people on there looking for different things.
    It might well vary location to location, but I would still suggest giving it a go, and if you don't find it suits what you're looking for, then make a few taps on your phone, and the app is gone.
    You can set your age range specifically for other profiles, but I'd say majority of Tinder users would be young, maybe 18-24.

• ı dont hve tinder

• Haha this should be good.
    I'm tempted to sign up too. 😂

• nothing

• Always be careful and smart when meeting someone on Tinder.

Anyway, I used it... All guys were good and respectful, we usually met for coffee or dinner.. Although I haven't connected without any but two. One I am friends with until today (for a year now) and our birthdays are on the exact same day! Lol and another I met while in Boston, he was attending Harvard and saw him everyday until I left. It was magic and I'll never forget him, that was a little over a year ago. I stopped using it and got more serious with the guy I was dating now for a year and a half (did not meet on Tinder).

That being said, I know 3 close people who used Tinder and they're all in 'serious' relationships with those guys and feel like they found the soulmates.

• 99.9% of guys there are just looking for sex.

• 14d

add a few 9's and you'll be closer.

• 14d

@likitb4istickit 😱 To each his/her own... To join a hook up app and that's what you get-sex and maybe a STD lol

• 14d

Eh I've never had one. Then again I've never been able to get laid anytime I felt like it since I'm a guy so pretty small odds if you only get laid once a year (or decade or whatever).