Should I be a creep?

My *first* ever crush was this guy who is related to a family friend of ours. We were kids so it was innocent, I liked him for 5 years & pretty sure he liked me too even though I was weird and tubby haha. We never said it but it was just obvious lol we spent a lot of summers and holidays together and it was fun then he moved away & never saw him again. Two years ago he asked about me when his cousin visited him but I don't have social media (I still don't really) & had no cell then so yea that was that.

Right now his uncle is visiting us and while helping him with his phone transferring contacts & stuff.. I stumble across him and he looks the exact same haha :P except he's a grown man and wears glasses now (so do I lol!)

Anyways so I'm tempted to get his number now and text him. I'm not trying to date, I just wanna see how he's doing and stuff. Basically just wanna catch up. Would that be super creepy? How would you react? Should I just stay away? Lmao help me!

13d I'm not doing it lmao too chicken

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• Sure, it wold be fine to contact him. Just to catch up. He's probably a far different person, just as you are. He wouldn't be worried or put off by your wanting to contact him, a family friend.

• Go for it. Nothing to lose, worst that can happen is he freaks and runs like hell after changing his number (unlikely). I'd be pleasantly surprised, even if you showed up at my door unannounced as long as you weren't wielding a bloody axe on a day that wasn't Halloween.

• 14d

Lmfao why would you be happy haha

• 14d

Because I'm hearing from a childhood buddy that I haven't seen/heard in a long time. That tends to be a happy time for most, even when the circumstances are weird.

• I'd do it. I mean you guys obviously liked each other back in the day, and you don't strike me as the creepy type. Aside from that you're pretty cute so if anything he's going to be really happy to hear from you.

• You have nothing to lose just start out with small talk
    see what he's been doing and take things from there.

• Do it!!

• Go for it. What do you have to lose?

• You should go for it. He asked about you, take that as an incentive to ask about him.

• You two already know each other so is all gud. No creepy factor

• Go for it! He'll be just as happy as you are guaranteed, i promise.

• See, madness is like gravity all you need is a push!!! Give that guy a call, you know you want to deep down.

• do it >;)

• Yeah go ahead.

• yes, please.

• lol not at all

• wouldn't be that creepy, but it might give him mixed signals

• Go for it👍

• it seems you were friends before. catching up with people is totally normal... -_-

• That seems so TOTALLY WEIRD!
    I'd be like, why are you calling me when I haven't spoken to you for 15 years?
    We clearly don't know each other anymore.

But, I wouldn't say that and I'd talk on the phone with you uncomfortably.

• suck him off ;)

What Girls Said 3

• Be creepy, sounds like you and he were pretty good friends at one time so its ok.

• 14d

I'm just nervous lol it's been like 8 years 😬

• 14d

LOL haha I'm too shy to say that. Maybe you should message him for me. 😂

• 14d

haha... all you need to do is say " your uncle was here visiting, it reminded me of the fun we had when we were kids, i just wanted to see how things are going for you"

• Go for it! Nothing wrong with wanting to catch up with frends

• That's not creepy, just be honest. Tell him you wanna catch up and see how he's doing