Why is this guy so slow with texting back?

This dude says he's been liking me for a few months now, and a week ago he finally friended me on the Facebook, and now he's texting me. but gosh it takes him forever to text me back! it's so annoying! it can literally take him more than an hour to reply! and it was not me who initiated this whole thing, it's him who likes me and who wants to go out on a date. what in the world is going on with this guy?

What Guys Said 7

• He could be busy but that would be weird, trying to make you feel anxious for him to text back, try to act busy, or make it look like he's not constantly checking his phone

• He liked you for a few months before sending a friend request. He sounds shy and shy guys overthink things too much especially when texting.

• He's trying to act like he doesn't like you that much, it's a game that people play, it's ridiculous, I know. But it is played and played by many, he doesn't want to seem eager, but yea, an hour is a long time.

• 12d

why men can't be mature enough not to do stuff like that?

• 12d

It's our society, and the way that a lot of people play when it comes to trying to get the opposite sex. I mean you wouldn't want a guy that's way too eager anyways right. Women play that game too. Are you saying you're always up front about how you feel towards a guy, don't you like to play a little hard to get sometime and maybe a little mysterious?

• I think he's afraid of ruining it. He probably thinking too much. He doesn't know if he should say what he think or thinking what to say. You might make it simple for him. Talk it out. (That's if you want to continue with him).

• You read WAY too much into this.
    Tip: All guys hate that.

• To be frank
    he may be avoiding you

• He's smart. He knows that if you texts you too fast you will ghost him

What Girls Said 2

• He's busy.

• He gets bored. I know exactly how he feels. Texting bores me as well.