Did I scare this guy away from me?

I used to date a guy and it kind of morphed into a fuck buddy thing that has lasted about a month. I hadn't seen him in a month though because he had been a little distant. He reached out just to chat after this distance just a week ago and I replied as if no time had ever passed. He then just called me a few days ago to meet up, and I told him in a very calm, non-bitchy, non-mean way, "I'm gonna be honest, I just wanted to get to know you, and I noticed it kind of turned into a fuck-buddy thing, which wasn't my intention. If you would like to get to know each other, that's cool, and if not, that's totally fine too, but just know I won't continue." So he understood and said, "yeah we could hang out" and suggested getting drunk together, which I said, "Sure, we can go for drinks" Yet, he never made any actual plans.
It's been 3 days since our conversation and he hasn't asked me out or anything.

However, he texted me an image that said Happy Thanksgiving yesterday, and I replied, yet he didn't continue the conversation or anything.
Did I scare him off by saying that I would like for us to get to know each other? If I scared him away or turned him off, would he have ever sent me the Happy Thanksgiving text?

What can I do? just chill out for the time being? How long should I give him before giving up?

What Guys Said 1

• He didn't want a relationship and was happy with the fuck buddy arrangement. I'd move on

• 14d

I think I may miss having sex with him. If I suggest that we have sex again, will he say no?

• 1d

He just replied right now saying "i might be free sunday" how should i reply? Just "Ok cool" or?

• 1d

say well let me know when you know if you're free or not so I know whether to make other plans. this will erase that desperation you made yourself sound like from asking again while also letting him know that you want him but you're not gonna wait around forever because you have a life to

What Girls Said 1

• Both of you want entirely different things. He wants sex with no commitment, while you want a relationship. When he realized that you were looking for something serious, he decided to bail. I'd recommend you not to contact him.