Would you rather date someone thats your ideal type but insecure or your average joe with high confidence?

Everyone always says never settle for less.

You found someone that you REALLY like but:

A. He/She is your ideal type. They're perfect physically... BUT they are very insecure. Have low self esteem. They have a substance addiction (alcohol). They're not happy with their life as well.

B. He/She is okay looking. Not the best.. average.. but they have the most amazing personality. They are absolutely confident with themselves. They have goals in life.

Would you go for the looks or the confidence?

• A. Ideal Type but Insecure
  • B. Average/Okay Type with High Confidence

What Guys Said 8

• it would depend on the level of insecurity. most people are insecure about something, but really matters is how they let those insecurities affect them

• My ideal type is in no way perfect, i'm very realistic. So i don't know how to answer this, but insecurity in general would be easy to deal with if i cared about her. That would also mean i see potential in her, or i wouldn't even bother. I'm an introvert so a super confident woman would exaust me anyway, as she would be an extrovert.

• Women typically aren't the most confident of creatures. And when they fake it, comes off as arrogant. Male equivalent of being a douchey a**hole, which in my opinion girls have a higher tolerance for. For guys, a girl who tries to act like a dude in an arrogant way is offputting. If you're genuinely good at it, fine, but that's rare, and YOU can't judge YOURSELF as one of the guys.

So I can deal with the insecurities. I prefer a healthy look, fit girls.

• A. Im pretty sure with enough time I can convince her that she is beautiful and doesn't need to drink.

• I'm asexual/aromantic...
    http://t.qkme.me/3qvcwh.jpg
    I would rather be friends with average/okay type with high confidence.

• Average type with low self esteem

• Everyone realy wants A, but some will chose B :P :D

• Ideal type, insecure

• 11d

Why?

• 11d

Okay but I mean insecurity to the point where you cannot fix her. You can't make someone change unless they want to change themselves.

• 10d

That's true but assuming they're willing to try then yes if not the no I wouldn't date them but I would still be her friend that could help her

What Girls Said 12

• Would have gone with the first until you said alcohol addiction. I can deal with insecurities as long as they're not hateful people... but an alcohol addiction... or any substance addiction... been there, done thatt... not interested. Substance abusers do things like cheat and lie as well and I'm just not into that.

You can be insecure and not have bigger issues. I wouldn't even say my boyfriend and I necessarily have high confidence as much as we're both pretty emotionally stable people with healthy viewpoints. We acknowledge our issues without treating people like crap because of them.

• High confidence, but not arrogant about it, is really attractive. Even if you are indeed ugly, when you see the world through the lens of someone who regardless of the physical, celebrates their other qualities and knows their worth... you can't help but feel like this is someone who knows the secrets to life or something, why not give them a chance.

• I'd honestly date an average looking guy with high confidence.

• Have to have confidence at a high level to even get my attention! Insecurities suck! Confidence in a man is what helps keep a woman straight!

• you dont have to be flawless and perfect to be sexy. a good attitude is so necessary!

• Ideal because I can just help him boost up his confidence.

• Why would anyone want someone who has a weak personality? It would alarm me if a guy wanted me because I was attractive but was insecure because insecure girls tend to "obey" guys so I would be afraid I would get involved with a guy's control issues.

• I like a man that's confident. It's so sexy.

• 11d

Yes! Okay, even if he's not physically cute?
      I mean he's not ugly, he dresses clean but he's not spectacular either.

• 11d

Lmao ok I don't know
      I have to be attracted to him

• ideal but insecure but not insecure enough to sabotage the relationship... .

• I am an emotional wreck with my self esteem in the gutter. I don't think I would be able to be with someone who is in s similar situation, it would be too much to handle. i chose B.

• A. Ideal Type but Insecure because i need to be attracted to him. Plus I'm very insecure too so if he's too I wouldn't be worried for him to cheat on me.

• Ideal but insecure. I like a guy like that right now. He's eveythig I want in a guy. He's talented, caring, funny and more. But he's so insecure.

I'd rather him be insecure and have issues ifhe was everything i wanted. Even alcohol abuse. There's always way out of it. It may seem impossible, but there's always a chance. Id rather insecure BC then you know he is at least down to earth and not full of his own importance.
    Plus, I'd be able to relate to him. I like too help people