How to get rid of a stage 5 clinger?

- overly emotional and sensitive; he always cries like will call me at 2 am crying saying he misses me even though we saw each other 2 days ago

- always all over me like in a needy way

- talks about our future too much and it's only been a few months

- just clingy and annoying

tried to break up before but he guilt tripped me to staying by crying and stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem is that you are allowing yourself to feel guilty for merely exercising your right to free choice. We enter into relationships through free choice on the basis that both parties bring something to the relationship that makes it worthwhile and that neither party brings anything that makes the relationship more painful than pleasurable. This guy has broken his part of that pact. He is bringing toxicity into the relationship through his overly needy nature. As such, you now have the free choice to be able to leave the relationship.

Don't be persuaded by his emotional behaviour and that includes if he should attempt any emotional blackmail. Someone being is upset is NEVER a reason to stay in a relationship, no matter how upset they are. If they use being upset as leverage then they are being manipulative, pure and simple.

Have the courage of your convictions and cut this guy loose. He needs to learn self control so that he stops being a fire blanket that snuffs out the relationship fire. If he needs a reason just tell him straight, that his inability to control his emotions is stifling and it's really put you off him in a romantic sense.

What Guys Said 15

• Ok, you have to turn off your feelings and enter cyborg mode when dealing with people like this. Put your foot down and literally yell at them to stop/grow up. Then you tell them it is over and they need to deal with it. Tell them they are no longer permitted to call or talk to you. Then you walk away. Make sure you do this somewhere neutral so that you can walk away without them trapping you or following you or refusing to leave, (like at your place). Then you block them on your phone and media.

• 14d

I walked away last time and he chased me down it was so weird like he wouldn't quit and kept begging me

• Just break up properly and don't feel guilty?

If all else fails and you literally don't have a shred of feeling left inside you - ghost him.

• 14d

I can't ghost lol I'm too nice

• 14d

Then you'll have to woman up and do number 1. If you let it continue you're eventually going to resent him and probably cheat on him. Breaking up would be the kinder thing to do.

• 14d

He literally has to force me to kiss him.. Thats how bad it is.. And it's gross he grabs my face and awkwardly plants one on me and it makes my skin crawl even thinking about it

• Delete him from all social media and run for the hills, that's not just needy or clingy, sounds like he's got issues that needs professional help.

• Go stage 5 on him..

• There's nothing you can do! You are trapped for eternity. Haha jk, if you ignore him long enough he'll stop trying.

• I'd take the harder method. straight up cut him off from your life. Tell him its over and block him. Make sure thats the end of it.

• I'd just put my phone on Do Not Disturb mode for the night and ignore him

• Yikes I haven't seen a stage 5 in while.

• Drop him. Just say your over and that's it. I've never heard that term before 😂

• that guy is a 12 year old child. How the hell did you end up dating him at the first place. It's not late just dump him.

• Oh Jesus... just run don't say a word and run.

• Probably should marry him and make a man out of him. He will be your warrior hound!

• You should never feel like you are forced to be with someone because you'll just en up despising him later on. Just straight up tell him it's over. People like that are dangerous. Run away and don't look back 😁 Hope this helps!

• Tell him he is coming on too strong and to slow down a bit

• You should keep him. Make him be your slave since he is so obsessed with you.

• 14d

No thanks I'm scared

• 14d

Why scared?

What Girls Said 5

• geez, that sounds horrible.. just break up with him, get it over, like ripping off a bandaid... all at once, completely and be done with it, then break all contact... and then be a hard ass bitch to him even if you aren't one.

• 14d

what if he loses his mind I don't know he's scary

• 14d

I don't know he has like an emotional breakdown? He seems like he's a bit troubled

• 14d

get a friend or faily member and let them know what's going on if he's "not all there" , block him from you social apps and your phone... itd be a good time to take a weekend trip or hang with friends lol... but honestly i dont think there is an easy way where he is going to just shrug his shoulders and accept it, just get it over with

• See, I'm not saying be cruel, but I'm the kind of person where if you resort to bawling your eyes out to fix adult problems I'm going to tell you to suck it up.

You need to just break it off, tell him to work on his lack of self control, and have a good life. If he cries tell him he needs to fucking toughen up a bit.

• 1) just leave him and don't be swayed by his tears?

2) become such an asshole that he leaves on his own. Just be emotionally absent and standoffish.

• 14d

That's what I've been trying to do lol but he won't quit it. He called me 20 times yesterday.

• 14d

@Cosytoasty Haha forreal. For the future, I guess, I'll just look for your opinion and second it. xD

• 14d

Seriously though, OP: Just pick up the phone and and tell him straight, like, "Stop calling, it's annoying".

• Cut him off - he needs to learn he can't cling to people and needs to be his own person.

• Okay girl! You have to stop letting him act this way. Speak on your feelings and tell him he's doing too much and you will like to take things slowly. Seems like he's very territorial. I'm thinking if you guys do end he will become psycho