In your experience, are girls pickier than guys when it comes to choosing an SO?

Sperms are cheap. Carrying a baby in your womb is massive, potentially fatal investment of resources... I understand. So I think women are more picky, but rightfully so.

What Girls Said 11

• Everyone has dealbreakers and qualities they look for in a potential partner, and for good reason. I'm selective on who I date , because if I just settled for anyone i'd end up unhappy and unfulfilled in the relationship. So it would have no chance of lasting long-term. If I just settled... that wouldn't be fair to me or the guy.

In my experience men are LESS " picky" than women.

I believe people become more selective on who they date after failed relationships , cos failed relationships teaches people what they do and don't want from a relationship. They have learnt more about themselves. What makes them happy or unhappy. What works for them and what doesn't

• I'm not sure about girls being more picky. Most girls want either a smart guy or a nice guy or both. Guys on the other hand want a good looking girl, a smart girl, a nice girl, a good mother, a young looking girl, a good cook, a good house keeper, a happy wife, a stimulating and interesting relationship and some require she constantly appear fashionable or wear heels in the relationship.

• 9d

Not true. Nothing matter if guy can't keep the guy or get the girl. Keeping another person in your life is hard

• 9d

yeah once they get in their late twenties they do. The younger girls care about looks in a guy way more.

• both can be equally picky when it comes to finding a so

• yeah girls are pickier

• We are, or at least I am. You'd want someone to match your worth you know.

• 9d

women tend to overvalue themselves by a large ammount though.

• 9d

@alphadoggystyle Not saying in the most valuable but I'm not gonna say I'm not, wouldn't really wanna be with a guy that's not worth shit, doesn't have anything going for him self, bad traits that sorta thing, when I offer good things on my side, you would want someone you could relate to and have those things in common with, a person that deserves the good things you have to offer

• Well, isn't it obvious that girls are more picky... 😆

• both are pickyin these days

• Yes we are. I won't have a child for just anyone.

• No, men are way pickier.

It's rarer for us to fancy someone, but women are straightforward. If we fancy you, we fancy you. That's it.

Men have all these stupid rules, like 'Oh I'd fuck her, I'd take her on a date, I'd kiss her, I'd marry her, I'd date her... etc.' So even if he fancies you, you have no idea of his intentions.

One of my friends was dumped by a bloke recently just because she was a couple of years younger than him - I mean who cares? Men are insanely picky.

• 9d

I have to disagree. Women won't go out with a guy because of his job.

• 9d

@VerbalWN Really? I've never heard of that, ever. I think you're talking to the wrong women!

I've never turned a man down for that and neither have any of my friends. Unless he was a stripper, male escort or a pornstar, I'd never turn a man down because of his job - I don't care what he does, as long as it makes him happy.

• 8d

It's true. I've tried online dating. Reading some of the women's profiles on what they are looking for. Most want someone 6ft tall as well. I've seen one woman actually post " Date Only 6.3+ Tall, Dark, Athletic Successful ( Means at least $75,000 in net income).

• Yeah women are by far more pickier, generally speaking anyway.

• I have super high standards and I'm not going to apologize for it

• 9d

What standards are those? Morals, personality, looks? And yeah do what makes you happy.

What Guys Said 13

• The evolutionary psychology approach to looking at this question still works in 2016-2017, but one has to acknowledge that the conclusion may be very different because of significant changes in circumstances.

Partner selection is not controlled by how much energy (in kilojoules) is required to produce an egg versus a sperm. The body is not trying to recoup sunk costs. The biological actors are negotiating the equitable distribution of risk between themselves.

In 2016-2017, the law is such that if a female get pregnant, and she doesn't want to keep the baby, but wants to instead drop it off at a safe haven (not even allowing the biological father the opportunity to asset any of his parental rights), the biological father is nevertheless still financially responsible for all of her medical expenses and time lost from work. In effect, this shifts the risk away from the female and onto the male.

Onto parental liability. The female has three options post-conception that do not require the other partner's consent: (a) morning after pill within 72 hours, (b) termination of the pregnancy eithin 90 days, or (c) carry the pregnancy to term and leave the child with a safe haven. Parental liability is something the female can literally "opt out" of. That's not at all the case for men.

As far as divorce goes, men generally choose professions and sub specialties within professions that pay more, work longer hours than women, and because employers generally frown upon men taking family or parental leave, have no breaks or gaps in their work experience. As a result, men generally out earn women for reasons unrelated to gender based employment discrimination "against" women. Family courts are infamous for having their mind back in the 1600s, so as a lawyer it's embarrassing for me to say this, but courts unfortunately still do instinctively have a bias in favor of the mother in terms of child custody and the lower earning spouse (even if that spouse is perfectly capable of being productive, voluntary laziness and dependence is not only accepted, but encouraged and rewarded).

So, you want to look at the "risks" a male and female takes on when entering into a potential long-term child bearing relationship? There you go. Now apply the evolutionary psychology methodology to it.

• 9d

Men simply have more to lose in 2016-2017. Are there men who aren't yet aware of all they have to lose, make mating choices like organized society and laws don't exist, and then end up bitching and complaining about child support, custody, divorce and spousal maintenance issues afterwards? Absolutely. How big of a portion of the male population does this account for? Over (1/3) (i. e. not college educated). The more aware a man is of what he has to lose (and the more he actually has to lose in terms of income and assets), the more cautious and selective a man will be. He's not going to be verbose and loud about it. It's not in his interest to warn his fellow male competitors about these risks. The more junk bonds they remove from the market, the easier it is for him to find AAA rated debt. anyway, as time goes on, if the laws stay the same, you can naturally expect men to be more selective - on average.

• Yes, in general women are infinitely more picky than men. But being picky doesn't always guarantee that they end up with better quality men.

• Women are generally more picky, but it catches up and backfires on them when they get older. Their window of available men begin to dwindle around late 20's and men get to be more pickier when they get older (assuming they are well off in their career, decent looking etc).

• where is this "fatal" investment?

u are looking at this from the guys view. chicks are programed to want kids. we are not, so u look at it as horrible. if it was so horrible there would not be so many dam single mothers running around. if u have STEAM, check out the short movie ISLAND QUEEN, its like a buck or two and its funny as hell. its ur stupid question perfectly. and u are going to laugh ur ass off what happens. thats what happens when u get stupid picky lol.

as for the question? its hard to say, but i would say females, because i see their "build a bear" lists everywhere i go. while i can't list what i want, because its combinations of features and traits taht are attractive and things that i like. it would be hard for me to build a bear for a chick and have me actually like her. and that is why i think chicks are pickier.

• I'm going 50/50. We all get distorted views, one man's violence is another mans play. One woman yelling is another woman's quiet voice.

• I've not personally met a girl who is pickier than me tbh lol.

Women are defineilty picky with who they want to have babies with. Date/casual sex not so much - just be attractive.

• yeah

• Yes. I think women are pockied. But that because they have lots of guys interested. Hell, if i had 5 girls flirting me me and 20 fb contacts calling me gorgeous, sending me nudes and asking me out, i would get really picky aswell. Hehe

• when it comes to just sex? yes.
    When it comes to long term invested relationship? nope. They are both similarly selective.

• I would say that the men that want a committed long term relationship and a family are more picky than women, but the men that are players and just use people or do hook ups are less picky.

• Nah we are man.

• Yes most women want a guy with a good job, fancy car, big dick preferably 8 inches, good income, good looking with a dickhead personality.

Us men are not that picky if we like a woman we will approach her.

• Women are pickier, and have it easier. If you're a female and can't get a boyfriend odd are you're probably very undesirable.