He's dating a girl but talks to me everyday? What's up with that?

Me and this guy dated for 2 months long distance and after we had a fight he said he was done and dating some other girl from his hometown. We didn't talk for a while, but then we kind of made up and became friends. Now he talks to me preety much everyday and tells me all details about what he does with the girl he's currently dating without me asking for them. He asks me about my love life as well, and flirts with me a lot.
What's up with that? I still like him a lot but i don't know if he's trying to make me jealous or testing me or just playing games?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's working the jealousy nerve to see if you flinch. He is unsure about this new broad, has a bit of history with you that might save him from a bad choice with this new one, if he plays it right. In his mind. What do you really want with/from this fella? The salient question being, is he worth the potential drama? Long distance leaves a lot of room for questionable activity in the name of, 'absence makes the heart grow fonder.." Leave it be, and find a local guy much better suited for you, that's my two bits. Hope its helpful.

Sorry, Long distance dude if you're reading.

The Honesty Policy is the only one that works for me, and I freely and openly share.

What Guys Said 15

• u r spare for him

• It's called not putting all the eggs in 1 basket. In short he's setting you up as a backup in case things go south in the relationship he's currently in.

• well one thing is if you haven't seen pics of this girl she may not exist and he may only be trying to get you jealous or maybe he is trying to have the best of both worlds mess around and still have a girlfriend and he also may be concerned with how things with you are going cause he really doesn't have anything going on for him uk

• Side bitch?

• I think he's a player.. comparing between two girls.. just think if he can share that he do with the other girl.. he may told the other girl what he do with you!!!

• Sounds to me like your friends. I don't see the complication here

• hot guys...

• He's keeping his options open I think. Have you guys ever met in person?

• He need options. Finish with him.

• Men and women can be friends outside of romance, it's not difficult.

• It's up to u put up a guard!! But u can still play!!

• "Me and this guy" ... (sigh)

He's still mad at you
    and his ploy is to get you to compete with her (even if she's really not interested in him... or completely made up (lie)"
    so you will serve him subserviently in "many ways"

• he likes you.

• flirt with me, not him :p
    :))

• I think he made you his best friend...

What Girls Said 5

• You're an option, but not the MAIN option. You're the back up. Like birth control. You have your main source like condoms, but if it breaks, you can get that Plan B pill because it's always there.

• he likes her but also wants u

• Seems like he's playing games. I wouldn't trust him if I were you.

• I still have an ex like that. He text me a few weeks ago that he loves me and wants to get back with me, but the problem is I'm talking to someone.

Keep texting him but if you are flirting back he might get the wrong impression and may want to take it further. Just be quite reserved

• he is a player