Girls, How Do I Get Back Into Her Life After Uneventful Sex Date, Where I Fell For Her?

I met a girl on a dating site 3 years ago. Because I was insecure about her being confined to a wheelchair, I never made the effort to meet her in person. However, we kept in touch via phone and Facebook and became friends. Over the summer we started texting and, sexting. We decided to finally meet for a sex date, which included, first, meeting her Mom and a cousin who she's close to. And I didn't hit it off with them as well as I would have liked. Anyway, we had decided that there would be no relationship talk, just sex. Once I finally met her in person and kissed her, I knew I liked her, A LOT! Then the sex didn't go as expected because I was too nervous and tried too hard. But we made out in bed and slept together. Girls, I felt something for her, which, apparently she didn't feel for me. So, she kinda dropped off the radar while I sent her way too many texts expressing my feelings, trying to convince her I could be a great friend. She finally sent me a message saying she enjoyed spending time with me and always wanted to be friends, but wasn't ready for a relationship. She needed time to think. I was a fool and kept sending her more messages along with roses and candy.
It's been 7 weeks since our "date" and I can't get her off my mind. I've never been this way about anyone. I've been soul searching and praying a lot, but still really care about this girl and don't care that she's paralyzed. This part I'd scary for me because I've always dated physically active girls who like to go hiking and do other outdoor activities.
Am I right to still care for her and wanting her in my life? Will giving her space by only sending a short text every week or so, be okay? Did not making a good first impression with her mom kill my chances with her?
I don't want to lose her and can't make myself let go.

2

What Girls Said 2

• I think you need to give her some space. Constant texts, flowers, candy and pushing her to be your "friend" isn't something a friend does. Back off a bit to once a week and let her come to her own decision without feeling pushed into it, but be prepared that she may not want more than a friendship

• 8d

Thanks for the advice! Friendship is fine with me because I know a relationship won't work if we're not friends first. I just want the opportunity to show her that I can be a great friend. I'll just text her to ask how she and her family are doing. Let her know I'm thinking about her.

• I don't know really how old is she