How can a woman change a man while in a relationship?

A friend has been dating his girlfriend for 3 years and 3 years ago my friend had all sorts of problems but then he met his girlfriend, they've been dating 3 years and since then my friend has had a better life.

How can a woman change a man while in a relationship? Like how can a woman help a man live a better life,

What Girls Said 11

• I used to think that's impossible. That old habits die hard and that anybody who believe that a woman can change a man is delusional.

Until fairly recently, actually. My boyfriend is a changed man. Let me tell you, I'm the opposite of controlling. Being viewed as controlling is one of my top fears in a relationship, and something that I'm completely open with him about. If I ever feel like I might be the reason that he's not going to hang out with friends or even study for an exam because he chooses to hang with me instead, I always straight up tell him that he shouldn't in any way feel obligated to do so.
    (In any way.. he's changed a lot since we first started dating. He checks in with me at least once a day, even if it's just a phone call to say nothing more than that he 'misses me'. He'll always ask me where I'd like to sit when we eat out, where I'd like to study if we're studying together, etc.. Hell, I just got back from studying with him all day just now and someone at the table next to us at the library told us they've never seeing people who are that nice. Being so courteous as to ask where the other would prefer to sit, if they could go to the coffee shop next door+grab them a coffee, etc..)

When we first got together, he was far more self-centered. He also tells me quite often how he 'feels so lucky to have me in his life'. That he doesn't feel like he did enough to deserve me. (crazy, I know. Anyhow, I'd like to think maybe, plain and simple, it was love that 'changed' him?)

• This happened to us too. I think my partner saw more and more things I had an achieved and either wanted the same things, or wanted to be equals in our relationship and it made him work so hard for it. He would ask for help on certain things or I'd get mad and walk away from others and he'd figure it out for himself but he has grown so SO much.
    I think age plays a bit in it too, it's an age where you start learning from mistakes and want to grow up a bit and have longer term goals

• She can encourage him to do better, support him when he's down. Be so good to him that he'll want to do right by her and for her.

• No one makes the other to chang. That change must be made for the person itself. But being with a partner it can influence the other to be better, if the person really wants to change for himself/herself

• A person can't change someone else. The other person has to want to change and be different. It's kind of like the saying "You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped." A woman or anyone can encourage and support the person but the person has to want it.

• a person can only change is he wants it

• u can't change aperson as long as he doesn't want

• ı dont think u can change a man

• Because he loves her and is grateful she's with him.
    Fortunately, she seems to be a nice girl. If she were not, he wouldn't be better off :(

• A man can only change of he truly desires or he truly loves the woman he is with. You cannot force him.

• I think it goes both ways. Anytime two people decide to get together they will rub off and influence each other. Whether or not the influence is good or bad depends on the couple.

What Guys Said 9

• Because of love. When you fall in love, you start to see things more clearly, more positive way, you start to take better care of yourself and others. It changes you completely for better. It was not the woman that changed him, it was love that changed him.

• Well if you live together you're forced to cook food more often than if you're just alone eating bread.

• The same way ANYONE helps anyone. The difference only lies with the person changing and if they take the advice given to them and take action to make a change. ie, she's not changing him, not really, he is changing himself.

• Put 2 (or people) close to each other and soon enough they will start changing/influencing each other. Its not something between guys/girls. Will happen between any 2 people.

• u can't change his character

• They can't. The person changes themselves. Nuff said.

• Simply put you can't, don't bother trying best case scenario if you try is you'll drift apart worst case it ends ugly, how would you feel if someone tried to force you to do something you don't want to?

• Simply by being there for them no matter what and even little compliments go a very very long way

• Sex is your doggy treat. Women use the threat of withholding sex to condition you to do what they want. If they married to you and/or have kids with you they can also use that against you to condition you to do what they want.