If you were a parent and your daughter was dating this guy what would you do?

So say you're daughter is 17 and she starts seeing and dating a guy who's 21 and he has tattoos, has been arrested, smokes cigs, sells drugs and takes drugs. What would you say and do?

What Guys Said 18

• I'd try to talk her out of it. But beyond a certain age, children just don't listen to you anymore. And they are a lost cause. I'd probably regret that I was such a bad parent, who raised my daughter in a way that she dates this kind of dude.

• I would ask him if if he knows where I can get some weed.

But after he told me, I'd still kill him.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kNX9-jmoBvU/hqdefault.jpg

• i would tell my daughter that if this is something she wants to do her and her boyfriend better be ready to live together on they own cause i will not condone that or simply dont bring that nonscence. near my place at all

• Good to know you think that much at 18 about your 17yo daughter
    what's your best guess... will you like to be with that guy unless you're addicted

• 14d

I'm not the mom I'm the daughter, I'm asking this to be prepared on what to excpect when I tell them about him

• 14d

see... you are already smart... will you let your daughter be there with Them.. then move on dear.. and anyways since it's u and u r smart too...
      u can just go along it. . and enjoy the ride while it lasts. .. and be ready to face some bumps and know when where to hop off... it's good to be experienced n mischief too while you are young and you can

• well, I wll never hope to raise a kid who is arrogant and idiot. but just in icase As a parent I would have to make her sit down and explain why you should not be with guy
    1. Someone who lives off selling drugs would never be happy in his life and will never be stable in his life
    2. has a criminal records so that only leaves him few minimum wage and cash jobs.
    3. you may find any other guy but not this guy.
    4. I am your father and seen more life than you so try to understand he is not right for you in anyway.
    5. Are you doing drugs?
    6. if you ate not willing to listen get into some trouble and I am dead serious I won't help you. if you go to jail because of Jim you go.

...

• 13d

damn this HTC keyboard is horrible so many spell mistakes

• I would REALLY freakin worried. I would surely ask her about him. I would also want to know her every move. Possibly investigate as mush as i could about him (residence, friends, criminal record, favorite spots etc). I would keep going until i made sure its a somehow ok guy and she's inportant to him. My kids safety and wellbeing above all.

• Take him hunting with me and have an "accident".

• She would never date such guy cause I'm not raising an idiot.

• Clearly she would not be allowed to see this man anymore. It is not necessarily the age difference I am opposed to as much as it is the fact that he is a petty thug and lowlife.

• I would question myself as a father

• id forbid her from dating him, if she didn't listen id kick her out and disown her.

• I would let know that she's no longer going to see or talk with him any more. If she continued I would take away her electronics.
    I would ask her what characteristics she looks for in a man, then secondly where she see's herself in the next 5 years.

• he would just disappear one day, never to be found again

• Tell him to stay away and talk to my daughter about why he's a bad person.

• Put a stop to it.

• if my daughter date a nigga ill let him fuck her up bad she need a lesson

• I see this all the time

• My kids would know that anything to do with drugs and they aren't part of my family anymore.

What Girls Said 6

• My child would not be seeing that man again and I'd put her in therapy to find out where we'd somehow gone wrong

• Hopefully I raised my daughter with more sense and self respect than to get involved with a drug dealer/user. But in the case that she's actually dumb enough to do that, I don't know. I'd be that awkward cockblocking mom, introducing myself to him and all his friends and shit. Eventually he won't want anything to do with her. Problem solved.

• would let my daughter. but i would question why a 21 year old wants to date a 17 year old who is a junior in high school

• 13d

that guy's coming from jail, takes and sells drugs... a 4 year age gap no one will give a shit anymore in 1-2 years is the least problem here

• 13d

oh damn

• I would never date a guy like that and I hope my daughter will be smart enough to not date him.

• Beat her ass with a belt or whatever else I could find.

• I will question where did I screw up to even raise a daughter to fall for someone like that. Then I will tell her to not date someone that old, cuz she could put him as a "pedo only by being with a "minor"". But heck I will try to advice her not to date a loser, unless she wants to get arrested or in jail. And if that doesn't work then I will let her fall flat on her face, so that serves her as a lesson to not date people with no future.