When do you close your dating app account?

When do you bring up to your boyfriend/girlfriend that you want both of you to close your dating app accounts? Do you close them together/in front of each other?

What Guys Said 14

• You have that discussion when you agree to a monogamous, committed relationship. You simply trust your partner to close their account. If you don't trust them to do that, then you don't trust them. . . and you shouldn't be agreeing to a monogamous, committed relationship.

• If you are boyfriend/girlfriend, it should've already been deleted. It boils down to a trust thing and unnecessary to delete in front of each other because they can always make it again once they go home or when you're not around.

If you had talks about being exclusive and being bf/gf, then removing dating apps is expected and shouldn't have to have another talk about it lol

• When I am exclusive with a girl I've been dating (aka we are boyfriend and girlfriend), then I get off the dating sites.

But i'm OCD when it comes to deleting any electronic data. So I would just uninstall the apps on my phone, and not log into them again.

• 5d

Thata weird

• 5d

Yes but then why date in the first place. If your not wiling to give them your all and keep your account as back up? It's not fair to the relationship

• 4d

@aboomya most people deactivate their dating sites profiles , or choose not to log in (which will ping a deactivation anyways)... instead of deleting them completely.

Are all of us in the wrong?

• When you officially become a couple

• I never close it, I just stop using it and forget all about it until my girlfriend sees it on my phone and I usually just delete it then.

• I never had one

• You never close accounts lol. You just disable the email notifications.

• never. why would i? just so i have to start it all over again when i get heart broken the next time around? no thank you xD

• ı would close it and want her to do so

• Never had one, for me it's a waste of time, almost no one wants a guy with more wrinkles than a shaved pug (that's probably more attractive).

• When you know for sure there is a true relationship between the two of you.

• once you decide to be exclusive... but nothing you need to do together lol.

• Just talk with him about it.

• That's a good question

What Girls Said 6

• I have never had one, but if I did, I would think it would be the right thing to do for both of you to close your accounts at the same time. If you trust each other, you shouldn't have to do it in front of each other.

• as soon as ı start my relationship

• Lol no... you don't close it in front of each other unless you have trust issues. You close it even you've had the discussion that you don't want to see other people.

• immediatly after starting my relationsjip

• When you decide to be exclusive.

• When you're exclusive you should close them down, obviously.