I want a guy, but my parents won't allow me to date him?

I met this really sweet guy online who also likes me. We have been talking for months and we are planning on meeting each other. I really like him, maybe I even love him, but my parents (who are religious) want me to stop talking to him, partly because he lives in another country, is 9 years older than me and hates my/our religion. But I refuse, which has made my parents so mad. What do I do? Should I stop talking to him even though I like him, or should I continue? by the way I'm 18 years old.

What Guys Said 5

• Your parents are right. This guy is a predator lurking on the internet. Find a nice boy your age that your parents can meet and get to know.

• you shouldn't really let your parents dictate your life, but also that person sounds like a bad match for you

• this is so sketchy. he is 9 years older than you and lives in a different country.

• Fuck them your old enough.

• If he hates your religion, it won't really work out. You would probably have to eventually choose between him and your parents. Are you really willing to lose your parents over someone you haven't even met? Do you really care that little for your parents?
    Plus, it is understandable that they don't want you meeting him when he is from a different country. They care about you and don't want to lose you.

What Girls Said 2

• Do you know that he actually exists? Have you ever video chatted w/him or friended him on social media? I am not speaking against meeting people online, you just need to be careful. I met my boyfriend online and he lived in another city, I did fly out to meet him, but I knew he actually existed. I vid chatted w/him for weeks before I met him. Your parents have a legitimate concern. Try to vid chat w/him and if he makes excuses why he can't, he is hiding something. Secondly, difference in religion is extremely important, you will not be able to change the person. If you end up dating him, you will end up heartbroken.

• 10d

Yes, I've video chatted with him..

• Parents can't dictate your love life and if he doesn't respect your beliefs then both of you will have problems. . That is up to you to answer.