What's up with girls liking tattoos?

I was out with a group of guys this weekend and one of the guys had lots and lots of tattoos and girls were approaching him throughout the night saying that they loved his tattoos and were asking if he was single.

Now I'm not knocking the guy, he's a good dude, but he's obviously made a decision on how he wants to look and present himself for the rest of his life. It's definitely not a way that I want to look.

But seriously, I have to get some tattoos just to get some female attention now? What is up with that? It's nonsense. I can dress comparably or dress nicer with classy casual wear and it makes no difference, but if I'm covered head to toe in tattoos, girls are all about it? WTF?

What Girls Said 14

• no tattoos are art work. it's not the dude they're admiring it's the tattoo artist work. plus if your friend is fit and handsome it only glorifies the art. what you should do is maybe wear v necks and work on having a charming smile with a bussiness hair cut.

• I don't get it either honestly, I'm not a tattoo freak myself and I have a tattoo lol I've only been attracted to one guy who's had tattoos. Head to toe tattoos are over the top to me and not all that attractive.. Maybe he's just an attractive looking guy and girls use his tattoos as a way to break the ice just to talk to him.

• 9d

You could be right, but I gotta gain some brownie points somewhere for not having tattoos right? :/ lol

• u dont have to do anything just because to impress girls

• i dont like them, my boyfriend has some and id prefer that he didn't, but he does.

• I have like three tattoos and love them!!

• Why not? Theyre not a natural thing but theyre super sexy
    Anyways this doesn't mean a guy without tatts isn't hot lol no way

• I agree with you. I don't love tattoos on guys.

• 9d

Maybe it's something that some chicks have to get out of their system, I don't know...

• You done need tattoos for attention but some look good on the right people

• 9d

That can be true, but they would also get old really quick.

• 9d

Not just to some people, in the general whole of the professional workforce. They do not tolerate their employees having excessive tattoos. They will not hire people that do. That is an objective fact. As much as you may think it sucks, tattoos can and do hold people back in life.

• 9d

A blatant dumbass tattoo on your forehead sure but as for me I only want a few where they're not seen to the naked eye, so you don't have to have copious amounts to be tatted it can be done gracefully

• Tattoos are badass!!

• 9d

I think they tend to ruin a person's natural appeal (and when it comes to girls, it tends to ruin their beauty) not to mention the negative connotations that can go along with tattoos. And honestly, if you're applying for a certain level of job, or are in a corporate field, the company is not going to want to hire people that have tattoos everywhere. That just doesn't fly.

It's a lifestyle thing. If you want to be perceived a certain way, your choices in how you decide to present yourself are going to affects on your life, positively or negatively. There's way more to it than just thinking that they're "badass."

• 9d

You must be religious and I only have couple tattoos

• I hate tattoos

• Tattoos are just an easy conversation starter for some. I had a guy friend who used to wear a Hottie visor for the same reason... people have something to say if they wanted to talk to you anyway... it's a convo starter that makes people more comfortable and open for whatever reason... it works like a charm for some. You have to have a decent amount of confidence to pull it off though.

• Lol I know two girls with sleeves and guys do the same to them. I was shocked so many liked such a huge amount of tattoos on a female.

• I'm not too crazy about them. If it's one or two small hidden ones I'm okay with it. Nothing too big and ostentatious (full body tatts) etc.

• I love tattoos some of them look really nice. But I also like guys without tattoos but tattoos just give some guys a sexy bad boy look.

What Guys Said 6

• It's not just the tattoos, it's the person wearing the tattoos and their overall style. Some people will get tattoos and it won't make a blind bit of difference. Some guys get them and the girls love it. It doesn't work for everyone.

Never try to be someone else, just be yourself and improve on that. There is nothing worse than someone trying to contrive an image and you can almost always see through it.

• I think it's because tattoos are usually very personal, so you put yourself out there more. And yea they look cool.

"But seriously, I have to get some tattoos just to get some female attention now?"
    So you are saying that no guy has ever been with women without tattoos? I know I have and I don't have any tattoos. Don't follow what "most girls" like. Be confidently yourself and you get the right girls. Don't blame your success on looks. It's even worse if you get tattoos only to get women.

• It depends on his overall style and how attractive he is. The girls saying they love his tattoos could have as much meaning as guys saying they love a hot girl's eyes, if you know what I mean.

• 9d

Yeah but if they're asking whether or not he's single, there's definitely some attraction there. The guy was just in a t-shirt and tattered shorts, nothing fancy at all. Nothing high fashion lol

• 9d

No, you don't get it: they say they love his tattoos because it's too forward to say they love his muscles or want to sit on his face, just like a guy will say he loves a girl's eyes, or her dress, when he's actually looking at her boobs.

• Some girls love it. Just of been his night ya know?

• Tattoos don't do jack shit, for a guy that said girl doesn't find attractive.

• I don't know but chicks love my ink. I'm not about to question their decision.