Guys, should I date him?

So there's this guy I like he's so sweet and nice he's really smart too (hes in scholarship) but thing is he's short and I'm in my final year and I've never had a boyfriend and if I'll be with him ill get totally distracted but he's so cute and I don't know what to do!!! (please help with reasons)

• Just date him
  • Don't date
12d Oh and also he's not from my religion so falling in love would be kinda fatal

Most Helpful Guy

• Lets tackle your issues.

He's short - He might get taller. I was 5 '6 at 17 and Im almost 5'11 now. I didn't hit my growth spurt till 17 or 18.

You dont want to lose focus - Buddy, school is NOT that important. I was all study focused in high school and never had a girlfriend or partied or anything like that. I regret it now. I wish I had enjoyed my high school time more instead of just focusing on school. Now people who partied more and studied less than me are just as well off or even better off than me. Enjoy your time to be a kid while it lasts. Once you grow up its over, youve missed out on life.

Different religion than you - Okay no offense but this is just silly. there's no reason you can't practice your religion and date people who practice different religions. My old man is an atheist and my mom is a strong Christian yet they still got along. And who knows, after dating him you might even be open minded to his religion. One of my neighborhood friends growing up was a strong Catholic, but when she got in high school she started dating this Mormon boy and soon became a Mormon. She wasn't forced to convert as both the boy and his family were okay with him dating outside his religion but she chose to anyways. Now 7 years after they started dating and 3 years after graduation they are still together with no break in their relationship.

What Guys Said 13

• Keep in touch with him, get to know him, you guys don't have to get serious right away. I know you don't love him yet, but I hope that you wouldn't let religion get in the way of it. If you guys really like each other, just get to know each and let things go how they're meant to go, don't rush.

• You have several issues to address.

1. "ill get totally distracted" Then no. What you have said is that you are too immature for a relationship. Right now, you should concentrate on being the best that you can be. Put your effort into yourself. You are not defined by who your boyfriend is. You are defined by your own accomplishments.

2. "he's short" We don't know what that means. Are you 185cm and he is 170cm? Is he a reasonable height? Or is he a dwarf? It is shallow to consider a reasonable height as a consideration for a partner. A lot of super tall girls would have a lot to teach you.

3. "he's not from my religion" That depends on how important religion is to each of you. If it is very important, then you should only consider those who are the same. If it is not so important, then your dating pool is much larger.

• My whole dating philosophy boils down to either you break up OR get married. Either you plan to stay with him forever or it'll end somehow eventually. I'd weigh my affections and then decide if the religious differences would cause trouble down the line, and since you said it would be kinda fatal, then that's something to take into heavy consideration. Good luck in whatever you decide to go with, though!

• The height isn't a big deal if it isn't on the top of your list of priorities for a man. The religion thing is harder to get around but i've seen it work so that shouldn't matter too much so long as neither of you try to convert each other. I don't know what your deal breakers are but it sounds like you are at least willing to give him a chance. Plus you're young enough were it really doesn't matter if it doesn't work out. Good luck! :)

• Don't date him because 1. You ask questions like this on here. 2. You sound like you're not that attracted to him.

• So you're on the fence about dating him because he's short? Don't be that person OP, that is the dumbest reason ever.

And seriously, getting distracted over 1 guy. Is it really gonna be that tough for you not to focus on work and have a boyfriend. jeez

Just date him, you said you like him. Just go for it already and quit making up stupid excuses

• I think only you can decide if you want to throw away an ideal guy on the basis of him being a couple inches too small. Personally i think not dating someone over height is beyond retarded, But, If its just cause for you?

• What's him being short got to do with it?

• 12d

I wanted a boyfriend whose tall enough... would you. Date a woman whose taller than you?

• 12d

You mean like help with homework and stuff?

• 12d

"Date a woman whose taller than you? "
      I have. One of those was 2" taller than I am and a finalist in a national beauty pageant. It is not a show stopper.

• Go for it, if anything since he's so smart he could help you study

• If you want to bed him and he's up for it then go for it.

• 12d

We're in high school okay?

• 12d

Hmm but this is not the u. k these guys have a lot of respect for girls here and would date for good reasons lol

• 12d

That is true, if you happen to be in a Muslim country.

• It doesn't matter if he's short. Go for it if you're interested, don't worry about anything else.

• 12d

But Im in my finals dont you think he'll be a distraction?

• 12d

Religion? So both of you have different belief, I presume he's a Muslim and you're a Christian? Love comes first, religion should be your prime reason.

• 12d

Religion brings a lot of complications it will make us apart and he's actually a Hindu and I'm a Muslim

• ultimately we cannot decide for you, if you want to do it, do it. if not, don't.

• 12d

But that's why im asking to help me weigh out what to do

• 12d

Thanks you were really helpful and its much appreciated😃😃😃 god bless

• 12d

good luck

• Never date anyone ever

• 12d

What why?

• 12d

Go to hell

• 12d

will do

What Girls Said 0