Any tips on how to handle a heartbreak?

I'm not gonna go into details, but it's about unrequited love.
I'm in a very bad place right now, so if you could give me some tips that would make my day.
Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of a break up as a mental test to prove to yourself you are strong enough to pour your heart out to another person to have it get crushed in an instant.
    Having your heart broken is a chance to grow, deeply think about who you are as a person. Get more in sync with your thoughts and feelings. When me and my ex broke up who I really liked a lot and it was turning into love, I took my hurt self and learned a lot about myself. Nothing is more satisfying than growing mentally. It's a process of maturing. I believe pain that you can survive will build your character and if done properly will make you a better person.

Also, find a hobby. A tip to finding a hobby, try new things and find something that you get a feeling of satisfaction from.

What Guys Said 6

• It's hard going through a heart break. It hurts and I feel for you. Do what ever you can to stop thinking about him, try working out by running or going to the gym. Working out releases stress, which would be really helpful in a heartbreak situation. Pick up a new hobby, start drawing, photography, hang out with friends, do what ever you can so you're not alone and thinking about him. Just stay busy, and time will heal your heart. And everything will be ok again. Things you don't want to do are: listen to slow songs, stalk him on social media, look at his pictures (get rid of them if you have them, you can always get new ones if you guys get back together), don't be alone, try not to talk about him anymore to anyone.

• have a hobby

• By getting over it and finding some other attractive person who's not unrequited

• Make a plan what to do. Try to concentrate on activities which take your whole concentration. No time-out. Be natural and use all helpful contacts. Go into action movies. Doing sports. Time will help.

• 1. play videogames
    2. watch anime

• 1. learm to accpet it.2. Spend time with friends.3. Give it time

What Girls Said 14

• Focus on the reality of the situation. Let go of the fantasy of what you want, try to avoid thinking "If only this" or "If it was just a little different", because that isn't how it is. If that person were the right person for you, the simply fact is they would reciprocate feelings. You don't want to force anything, and you shouldn't have to. You, just like anyone, deserve a relationship with someone who wants only them and acts on those feelings. As long as you keep reminding yourself of this reality, you'll find you can slowly adjust emotionally, and upon reflection you'll find your feelings were based on an idea of someone that just wasn't accurate okay. I hope that helps.

• It's gonna take TIME! Give it some... just try and do absolutely anything to take your mind off it and feel better... make a list, even a small one, of things that you are grateful for... really think about it, really try, it will be bloody hard right now but just try, it really will make you feel better (even if it's just a great lipstick!)... try going for a walk or a run, serious mood enhancers! Or dance like a crazy person to some good music in your room! Anything to get your heart rate up and those self-healing feel good endorphins pumping!

• Do what you can to keep busy. Lean on friends for support.

If you are sad, do something that will cheer you up. Practice good self care, get a haircut, buy some new clothes, get a makeover. Do things that have a positive impact on your life.

There are plenty of people out there. One day you will look back on this and laugh, trust me :)

• Try to distract yourself for the time being. I don't know how they broke your heart specifically, but it doesn't really matter. Try not to torture yourself thinking about what you did wrong because it won't change anything. Have you spoken to them to get closure? That's important. If they don't want to talk about it (unless you did something obviously horrible) then they're not worth your time. I know exactly how you feel as I've had my heart completely shattered. Sometimes the only thing that heals it is time. I know that's probably not what you want to hear. A broken heart completely sucks so I'm sorry it happened to you. The important thing right now is to brush it off and carry on as you were before you met them and remind yourself that there is someone else out there. You may feel like that's stupid because this is the person you wanted so badly but there will be a day where you will realize it happened for a reason. These things may always hurt. They may always linger even if you block it out years later you may have a fleeting thought about them and your stomach flutters with anxiety and your heart drops into your asshole lol. These things build strength. "The more rejection the closer you are to acception", is something I once heard that helped me get through rejection. Also, life is not a race to find the one. It happens when it happens and sometimes it's because fate is waiting for both of your lives to align and cross paths. (That is of you believe in fate and I do because if I didn't life would be boring and possibly hopeless). On the contrary, love is actually just science so if you can skip the whole thing together you're probably just really smart, haha. I've thought about testing it out. Stupid science. In the mean time try to live yourself. Things will be okay.

• Invest in other hobbies.
    Rom coms and chocolate always help.
    All that built up emotion you're feeling? Put that into something else and make it positive, whether that be friendships, hobbies or otherwise.
    Stay busy.
    I hope you're okay <3

• Trust me, I know how you feel. I know it sucks but I promise it will get better eventually. For me, talking to my close friends about it really helped. Just having someone who listened to me vent allowed me closure. Don't be afraid to cry. Allow yourself to feel however you're feeling. After that it's best to move on and find someone who DOES love you for you. Someone you don't have to be something you're not around. In my experience, trying to "fix" myself for the person just made it worse. So as hard as it is, it's best to let it go and open yourself up to the idea of meeting someone who really clicks with you. I truly wish you the best of luck. I've been there and it hurts. I hope everything turns out OK :)

• Does the other party know? I find that if they know it is almost a release and you will get over it. Just remember that things really do happen for a reason. It is just not meant to be. Focus on the future and what you might be missing by pining over this one.

• let it be

• I was in the same situation as you. I loved a guy for six years but he didn't feel the same. I called and talked to him and I realized that I can move on. So I did. Started dating anyone who wanted to date me.

• distract yourself with friends and activities

• Honey, take a day and cry a lot, let the tears flow like a river and when you're done, go out with your friends and talk about it with one of them. I'm in your shoe right now, you can go on mp profile and read what I wrote yesterday, I cried myself to sleep last night, today I'm okay.
    Remember one thing, you can't force love, when someone love you they will be there for you.

• Never ever let people to break your heart.

• time will show

• A lot of people do different things. Rebound relationships, eating, not eating, exercise, new hobbies, crying in a ball, etc.

There isn't really a right way to get over having your heart broken. You just try a bunch of things and figure out what is best for you. I can recommend that you cut all contact with this person while you are healing.