Should I delete my online dating accounts?

so I've been in the online dating scene longer than I'd care to say and it hasn't really worked for me. I've made a few friends on there had 2 or 3 hookups as well but I've never been able to find some who I like or who likes me enough to start a relationship. the problem is that I've never learned how to talk to girls I don't know in person due to the ever dreaded fear of rejection. since the definition of insanity is trying the same thing and expecting different results I figure it's time to try something new. so is deleting my account a good idea based on the information above and if so what are some tips to ease the transition from online to reality?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think keeping the account is the best thing. Ideally you want to try different avenues to meet someone. Try signing up for some activities in your area. Take a class, do something where you will meet lots of women. Some suggestions are like a Christmas planter workshop, a painting class, or a cooking class. Do something where there will be women there. Even if it's older women, some of them might have daughters they could set you up with.

Don't rule out opportunities to meet people. You may go to some things where it's a wash and you don't meet any women. But there's always a chance. Keep an open mind.

Also, don't be afraid of rejection. Rejection is the worst that could happen, and you know what, plenty of women out there! So don't lose hope!

Most Helpful Guy

• Easiest way to ease yourself into interacting with women and picking them up is to just talk to them normally at first. Don't feel the need to be hitting on them, just strike up a real conversation.

Ask her an opinion on something, say hi and be friendly, give her a compliment. When you aren't "seeking" something women will sense that and be more at ease too as they are experts at reading men. This will mainly help you build confidence speaking with women though and if things go well you can always ask for their number.

"how to talk to girls" is a really broad question and topic, but you definitely don't have to be a master at it either to get girls. I think online dating is a great way to supplement live dating so I don't think you need to get rid of it. A lot of the conversations you have through online, you can certainly have in person as well so that's a great easy way to help work on your game :)

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, take a step back and don't focus so much on having a relationship, that expectation is creating to much pressure on yourself and you should start smaller, like initiating conversation with women you don't know and becoming comfortable talking with women in general before conversing with a woman for the purpose of having a relationship only. people tend to forget in this age of technology, that relationships should happen naturally, not be on demand. You can't force chemistry or hand-pick your perfect partner, love doesn't work that way. Start socializing more with people in real-life (not online), and you'll find the right person for you in your own environment, probably with similar interests.

• Online dating isn't the way to go in my opinion. Its best to meet people in person so you know how to communicate with people face to face better. If things just don't seem to be going as planned with online dating for you then I don't see a point to continue with it. Get out your comfort zone, shake off the fear or rejection and meet women in real life.

• I would say yes, because of the fact that you mentioned you don't know how to start a conversation or approach a woman. It's so easy to sit at a computer or behind our phone and approach people but it's making us as a society isolated, non approachable, socially awkward in areas. Yes it will be hard and uncomfortable for you, but push yourself to go up to someone at a bar, join a sport/hobby and start casually chatting with someone & the more you do so, the more networking you do and the more people you'll start to know and the more confident you'll be at starting a conversation with women. Good luck!

• Ha, I've been considering exactly the same myself... for exactly the same reasons!! Interested to read opinions...

• yeah

• Online dating these days isn't best to find a relationship. They're mainly used for hookups and friendships. Delete it. Try going out once in a while. You don't need to drink to have fun and meet people at a bar or club. Or maybe you just need to focus on your life and what makes you happy.

• yeah u should

• do what you want

• I guess it depends on what site you are on.

My sister met her husband on match.

But tinder I'd never even sink that low to be on.

What Guys Said 10

• Never use online dating as your primary means. Use it as a supplement for your real life dating. Your primary means should be going out, approaching women in any way you can. You've got to develop those social skills and be able to build on attraction in person. Simply use online dating as a method to expand your connections, it really does help with that. But don't rely on it.

The thing about rejection, is what are you actually scared of? There is not a single damn person in this world who is liked my everyone, everyone gets rejected, it's completely normal. I couldn't care less about rejection, if anything it's funny, but I'm more focused on myself and proud that I'm taking action, regardless of what she thinks about me.

• 5d

Very well said! Online dating is for the odd times of the day and night, where u can't go out and meet women.

No staying at home on dating sites, on a Friday nite! :-P

• If you've already had 2-3 hookups, and actually managed to make friends your doing better than I have lol. IMHO dating sites are a joke. Trying to find serious dating partners on dating sites is ridiculous. I believe they are used primarily for people seeking casual sex. Still haven't found any of those either. I dropped all my profiles a year ago, never looking back. Such a waste of time. Face 2 face is always better

• Keep practicing. Deleting your accounts is like throwing in the towel. You got dis man. Pretty soon you're going to have a 6/10 caked up heavenly blessed beauty in your bed sucking your dink. Keep that imagine and your head and shoot for the stars boyo.

• Don't give up entirely, but make them very secondary.

Spend your time going out, not even to meet people, go out to do something for yourself and make it a daily ritual. It will help.

• Sounds like you haven't been on the right site. In looking at your profile, I suggest looking for a site that specializes in Mexican/Central American women who are looking for marriage.

• Do it, get rid of that shit, go out and talk to people, work on your social skills, and your charm, that's far more productive than trying to hookup through dating apps.

• yeah delete them

• same problem here. you definitely shouldn´t place all your bets on this horse... but i mean it probably won´t hurt to leave it active and check in once in a while either.

• Yes. Take a break and focus on yourself. Be bold and make changes

• I feel you man. Same situation here, but less success. Ha

Try meetup groups and getting in activities or college courses. That's what works for me since I have to know someone pretty well before I can loosen up enough to be carefree and fun.