Would you date an overly religious person? If they are not judge mental or a feminist, and want to wait for marriage and live a simple life?

I am talking about going to church every week, No drinking, Parting, Swearing, No touching or kissing till marriage. I also don't want to be alone with a guy always need to be in public, to protect my purity.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 30

• The simple life I could go for, the other part I'm not so sure. Back when I did go to church several days a week my pastor told me a situation of a couple he helped mentor and the lengths he went to help them wait for marriage and I don't think I could do it to be honest. I suppose if I were in that situation I'd need the same structure and guidance he gave them.

• no touching or kissing... there was a time when I would be ok with that. once get started, that may be difficult to really bond and move the relationship forward. you are young, so there may be guys out there that would do that.

• yeah ı would respect her

• Depends on a lot. If we really connect on a really deep level, and are madly deeply in love, but otherwise no, probably not.

• Umm, it depends on how bad I wanted her. As an atheist she would almost have to look like a goddess and I'd hope the fact she was a virgin wouldn't detract from her willingness to learn (some are more stubborn about what they will and won't do in bed). Above all else if she was constantly and persistently trying to convert me to her religion I'd probably lose my mind if I didn't leave. I'd probably humor her and go with her to her church but probably wouldn't ever actually believe the same things she did. i certainly didn't with my last girlfriend (who into Wicca, that I dumped because she cheated on me with her ex, not because of the weird things she believed).

• well the no kissing or touching till marriage is a little extreme, but i'm very religious and i don't plan on having sex until marriage. i'd still love to date and do all the fun things couples do. hopefully you get the idea that religious people like me aren't all boring lol

• No, that sounds incredibly boring and I have yet to meet the first overly religious person who is not judgmental.

• No, sorry.

• Nope... I get to test drive the car before I buy it.

• 4d

Actually, I did wait once... 17 months of no sex. Then she dumped me shredding my heart for what is now almost 25 years. So, in principle, I'd wait (after all, I did), but I want to seal the deal.
      And I don't want to hear about Jesus or anyone else - you can go to church, but I'm not.

• Date, yes, marry no.

• Nope, I'll never make that mistake again.

• Never.

• No I would not

• Noooooooo. I want to try before i buy!

• No kissing/touching is a little off-putting, but it could still work.

What do you mean by touching? As in, no cuddling? Or no "feeling"? Because I personally draw the line at feeling :P

• Absolutely not, can you say BASIC BITCH?

• Everything else was fine until the no touching or kissing😫

• No I would not and it's because I'm aromantic/asexual.

• I have no problems with the things in your description but religion is a dealbraker for me.

• As long as she is Jewish

• no, because our beliefs will clash (me being atheist)

• definitely: no

• Probably not

• Im sorry but you had me until the no touching, no kissing or no being together privately.

• Debatable, if she looks gorgeous enough I can't say no

• Maybe I almost don't care who I date unless later I regret it

• YES!

• I wouldn't call that overly religious. But yeah, maybe, it really depends.

• I am everything this is not. My parents tried to raise me to be like this but instead I did what mattered to me. It started with cursing. I hated that I wasn't allowed to enjoy a song that made me feel great because a "bad" word was in it. Especially when I realized how fluid language was overtime. From there everything that you listed I questioned and with time I changed my opinion on all of them. My policy on dating someone like this is and always will be I am 100% comfortable with dating them as they are as long as they could do the same for me. The second they begin trying to force me to change my ways to live a "better" life is when I end the relationship. I don't mind change but it has to be supported by believable reasonings and some things like "this is what God wants from us" just doesn't cut it for me.

• Hey please give me that girl
    I would be in love with her, is it you?:)

What Girls Said 6

• I'm a serious Christian, but I'm not dating someone who won't touch me. I need to be affectionate. To me, affection is for all relationships, even close friends, so why would the person I'm considering marrying not hug/cuddle me? I'm not someone to tell people to compromise their beliefs, but consider talking to your pastor or someone about maintaining boundaries by dating instead of being totalitarian.

• Who's to say what is "overly" religious? Personally, I will only date someone of the same faith as me, since I want us to be compatible in that way, but I think if you believe something, you should live by it. For someone to expect you to live a different life than your religion teaches is to expect you to be lazy and complacent. I don't want anyone that doesn't practice what they preach

• Them going to church and not drinking or partying or swearing is fine. The no touching or kissing or only meeting in public isn't fine, I'm not going to agree to that.

• ı am like that

• yeah

• I'm a strong Christian, and I agree with everything except no touching. I would like my boyfriend to be affectionate, so that means I would like him to hug me, hold my hand, and cuddle with me. Nothing past that though.