How to get over someone without closure?

Long story short, in 2010 I had a huge crush on this guy at my school, but he and I couldn't really talk because of the age difference. However, from his body language, he seemed interested. I know this might sound crazy, but six years later I still think about him, but I don't let that stop me from living. I've liked other guys after him and been with other guys after him, but he was different. I should also mention that I haven't seen him since 2010. My closest friends call me crazy for liking a guy for this long, but I just need closure. So there's this girl on my Facebook that sort of knew him, and I want to ask her about him. But the thing is, I haven't talked to her since elementary school and now we're in college. I don't know what to do. If I should message her, what should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• NO!!! DON'T!!! I'm in the same boat. Long story short, I loved a girl online, she loved me, she died, I don't know how, and 3 years later, I still cry over her. DON'T MESSAGE HER FRIEND!!! That only makes it worse, trust me. I've tried. Just learn that that phase of your life is over and move on. You have so much of your life ahead of you, stop focusing on the past or you'll never enjoy the present or the future. I'm trying to move on, it's tough, but worth it. You should too. I don't care how much you want closure. Move on, love.

• 12d

I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you for your encouraging words! I really appreciate it.

What Guys Said 3

• You need to get on with your life. Maybe talk to a psychiatrist?

• Focus on other things in life that are more important

• dont do that

What Girls Said 0