How can I stop dwelling on the fact I don't have a boyfriend?

I'm surrounded by couples and all of my friends are in relationships or seeing people and it's making me down. I'm 19 and I've never had a boyfriend meanwhile my friends are all in committed relationships. Boys I like never like me back, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I just feel I'll never meet anyone.

What Guys Said 13

• How about having an affair with an older married man? that would definitely get your mind off not having a boyfriend!

Lol, just kidding!

Go somewhere new, meet new people... pursue your interests in a club, a training course, learning a new language.

You will meet a lot of new people, and you won't know for a while their relationship status, so you won't be dwelling on yourself so much.

An awful lot of people your age, in general, aren't in any kind of relationship, you know.

• You'll find someone, even if it takes a while. Life is still young. Dating without the thought of staying with people forever seems to be a common error anyway, but a more mature you will know when to settle down. Hang in there because it'll happen!

• you are damn young. Just keep yourself presentable and be friendly and you'll find someone in due time.

• There's plenty of single people which is very common. You're not alone! I'm single too. Why have a serious relationship at 19? too young for that, just enjoy your young life for a while,. Do not think negativity about yourself.

• relationships aren't the most important things in the world. I was the same way as you. I thought I'd never meet anybody and had to get a girlfriend as soon as possible. then I did and it didn't live up to my expectations. if anything, they just introduce more stress. I'm being picky now and am looking for a girl who shares my values and interests.

• dont think about it

• Don't worry, even unattractive girls somehow get boyfriends. I've seen it with my own eyes.

• 10d

Yeah I know! And I'm told I'm attractive by a lot of people and have been asked if I do modelling (not bragging) so I don't know why I haven't had a boyfriend. Boys that have talked to me aren't interested in a relationship only one thing.

• 10d

What's your point? You think you're attractive therefore you should have a boyfriend? We'll
      1) attractiveness is subjective, and
      2) looks aren't sufficient to get a boyfriend

• 10d

Hahahah ok

• It's okay, trust me. I'm 19 and I've never had a girlfriend. Mostly, I just keep busy with doing things that I like. I go hunting and fishing, play guitar, and just kill time. You'll be all right.

• You sound like me lol. I can't really say anything helpful because I'm just as hopeless except don't pay attention to those who say "oh you're still young!" "just wait!" "your time will come!" etc

• I honestly don't get why girls worry about not having a boyfriend. It is literally infinitely easier for a girl to get a boyfriend then it is for boys to a girlfriend.

• 10d

It's lonely after a while

• 10d

Join the club. But you have a far easier time then a guy in your situation. You don't even need to approach anyone, odds are you will get approached long before a guy will.

• Date me

• picture please

• the grass is always greener in the other side. do you have a car?

What Girls Said 8

• I've had one actual relationship and it was terrible. It lasted all of two months before he absolutely drove me crazy. I was heartbroken from another guy and was just happy SOMEONE actually wanted to be with me. But it turned out to be a huge mistake. Trust me you're better off single than in a bad relationship. And I feel you. Most of my friends are in relationships and even though I'm glad they're happy I'm still a little jealous. We're young though... so hopefully things will work out. Best of luck to you :)

• Aww don't be like that. I know for a fact that those who are already happy with themselves tend to find guys more easily. It's that energy that attracts them, really.

Go and find an activity that you really enjoy. Explore all the different choices there are. If you take up a hobby, and do what you love and what makes you happy, you'll be proud of yourself. It's fulfillment. Once you have become the happiest and best person you can become, you'll be able to have an easier time finding someone who's worthy of you as well. Good luck!

• There is somebody out there for everyone. Just let time run its course. 19 is still very young. Focus on your studies or your job or your friends and family. You will come across someone when you least expect it. Honestly, it means nothing that your friends had boyfriends in their childhood and teens because most of the time relationships at those ages don't add up to much. You'll be glad to meet a nice, mature boy one of these days sweetheart. You stop dwelling on the fact that you don't have a boyfriend by simply living your life and figuring out who you are before even thinking about adding anyone else into your equation. Best of luck and well wishes. xoxo -Trapped Girl

• u dont have to let it be

• Time to go MGTOW

• Being single is awesome

• sont hurry