Will he ever ask me to marry him?

We've been together 5 years going on 6 and still no ring. I feel like it's never going to happen.. He knows that I want to get married and we've talked about spending the rest of our life together. I guess I'm just bummed out that he still hasn't asked and it's been so long. Anyone else ever feel like this?

What Guys Said 4

• Sure. It happens all the time. I will never forget what my friend said to her long-time BF:

"You've been getting the milk for free for a long time now Mark. It's time to buy the cow."

They split up in 1999. I was upset because they were my best friends at that time.

• 8d

My aunt put the screws to my uncle... They were together like near 20 years when she laid down the law that they were going to get married or she was gone. He was gunshy because he was already thrice divorced and really got broken-hearted by my previous aunt. He married her though. They've been together now almost 40 years.

• -is money an issue
    -does he even want to get married
    -are you both busy with your own lives

• my aunt and her boyfriend have been together for 20+ years and they're not married... some people just don't see a point

• Maybe he is not ready to settle down. talk to him.

What Girls Said 1

• You're not giving us enough information to go on. It could be anything. He may be wanting to establish a career/steady income first (rings are hella expensive). Or he could also be getting comfortable in the relationship as it is, nothing really motivating him to take that extra step. More info, pink anon.