Guys & Girls, what's your opinion on long distance relationships?

• I never really considered a long distance relationship
  • I've been in one or more and it's exciting
  • I have mixed thoughts about it
  • Other, leave your thoughts below <3

What Guys Said 16

• It puts you to the test, since you really have to like someone to make a long distance relationship even possible. And you have to be willing to make sacrifices for the other person that you wouldn't make if they were nearby. You have to plan far ahead to meet and make travel arrangements, get cat care, and so forth!

• it's tough and most are set up to fail right from the start

• Waste of time... leave it alone.

• I sort of tried it once, and will never do it again.

• They can work, it certainly worked out well for me

• I have been in one before. It felt good at the time and it excited me to have someone but when I tried to meet them in person I realized that most people only tell you want you want to hear online.

• It sucks
    But depends
    If a couple can survive without touching each other then it can be an amazing experience

• I'm in one right now lmao. Have been for about... almost a year now? It'll work if you and your partner like ACTUALLY can hold a relationship with communication and trust.

• I did when I was in the military. Was a mistake tbh.

• I'd like to avoid them but sometimes it's worth it

• I'm really not a huge fan of long distance relationships. I've seen a couple examples where things have worked out wonderfully, but they are few and far between. Still, people have to do what they have to do.

• Not worth it.

• i dont like LDR

• 8d

Most people don't but you go what you have to when you love someone

• 8d

@Emiko hmm i totally agree with you there. my brother was in a long distance relationship with a girl, and now they are both happily married

• Been there, done that.

• Doesn't usually work

What Girls Said 22

• I think they can be very worth it if you love someone, but it is extremely challenging because you're not interacting with someone one on one. There's no physical interaction--hugging, kissing, and all of the other stuff. And that's what makes the relationship deeper for a lot of people, but for other people, it's talking and supporting one another and using each other's words so a long distance relationship could very easily be done. Also, if you're an independent person, it could very easily work out for you, I think. It just takes a lot of strength and patience to do it.

Also, it's a two-way thing. If you're totally into and your partner is NOT, then you're gonna have a bad time. It's going to be difficult and there will be arguments. If you're not willing to put in the effort or your partner is hesitant to be in a long distance relationship, then I think your setting yourself up for failure because you're automatically assuming it won't work out and it will be a disaster. I think you have to want to make it work and you have to really work at it--talk every day, use technology and use it to your advantage and then make the most of it when you are together.

• They are challenging , difficult to maintain, and rarely work , but if two people love each other they'll find every possible way to make it survive the distance. Like they say , love isn't measured by distance.

They'd both need to have great communication skills with each other, make sacrifices and compromises.

They'd also need to make definite plans to meet up because the ultimate goal with a LDR is to one day live together in the same place to close the distance. So they'd need to meet up to get to know each other more. You can't know someone's true character until you've seen them in real life situations and circumstances

• Im not really a fan, I've had a guy just lie and act like its not real and like its just something to pass time, it seems like they think your just never gonna meet and just act like its nothing but i mean it could work for some poeple if they compromise and put effort into it like an actual relationship. Also Its hard to be with someone when you can't be intimate ( what i mean is cuddling, touching, just being in eachothers precense) another thing is trust , you have to both take it seriously and commit to eachother and be able to trust eachother cocompletely. Overall I think if you meet a guy that you feel is unlike any other guy and you feel could be the one then work with eachother and give long distance a try.

• I find it okay, only if I know that I will be with them in the future at some point, Its kind of the same with friendships for me tbh. If I have hopes that we'll see each other in the future I have no issues with long distance at all, Im quite used to long distance friendships in general so long distance relationship would bother me.

• I know this will be the unpopular opinion but I actually like it for several reasons. First of all I like the idea of being able to turn off my boyfriend at any moment lol. But on a serious note, texting/messaging allows people to be more open with each other and open up about subjects they may not have the courage to face to face. Also having that distance makes you yearn for that person so when you finally meet again it's that much better. It's like the bad amplifies the good.

• It works if you have the absolute desire to make it work and have the nerve to continue it.

• I was in one and it was honestly the worst thing I've ever been through. I was abused, lost friends because he didn't want me to talk to any of my friends, I was isolated, not allowed to be with family, manipulated. And I think that is easier when it's long distance. I don't recommend it and I'd never ever ever be put through it again.

• I would never be in a long distance relationship. I am a very affectionate person. I like cuddling, kissing and being held at night. I make that very clear on my dating profile that I am not looking for someone who doesn't stay local.

• I don't know. It depends. If it's like someone I'm madly deeply in love and it's a life changing thing then yeah but otherwise nah. I'd relocate for love though, no doubt.

• Would not do it

• I've heard someone said It is a promise of a relationship not an actual relationship and I agree with it.

• I am currently in one but we are engaged so it's a little different. It's only for a year so that 9 more months to go and we see each other almost once a month (about three days at a time)

• I'm currently in a long distance relationship and up till just now its been great and has worked just fine and don't think this issue has anything to do with it being long distance. I wouldn't veto a relationship just because you'll have to deal with distance.

• They are impossible to me, unfortunately.

• I respect people that can do it, because although I've never tried, I don't think I could do it.

• Wouldn't do it.

• Nah I ain't about that

• Total bullshit

• It's good if you're not ready for real life relationships and wanna test the waters. Anything more than that and no.

• Waste of time. Someone could be cheating or God knows what cause the two people in the LDR live far away from each other.

• I am in an LDR and tbh it is the best thing that's happened to me. my boyfriend is a wonderful support and will help me no matter what and vice versa (I hope) . even though things have been a bit rough between us lately (and that is all my fault) he has been so understanding and tries to help me so much. currently my stress load has been 10^32^84 times the normal amount and I don't know where I'd be without him he is my reason to keep going some days and how I keep sane. even though I know he won't see this I'm going to say a ginormous thank you to my king.

• 8d

I'm in the same boat girl

• 8d

Trying to work with the fact that he gets very jealous very easily which was never a problem before I moved, it's only for 9 more months so he will be fine. And we are engaged so that makes things a little different:)

• I'm in one and I love him and it's working for us, but I want to move in together as soon as we can (about a year and a half, when we both finish college)