Are dating sites pointless for average looking guys?

Honestly, online dating sites just makes me feel ugly & worthless and most of friends find them pointless too

• Yes, I could swipe right until I max out and I would be lucky to even get a match
  • No... might as well have it I guess
  • Depends
10d I'll try tinder again... I guess

What Girls Said 14

• I'm a woman and yeah they are... go the old fashioned route man up and ask a girl out face to face... these dating apps do nothing for anyone's self esteem...
    Very few find their life partner on them.. I think it's the social rejects that use them

i could give u a tonne of stories about my experiences and from men's experiences.. run far far away
    Full of bored people or catfishes

• it's a good point that someone made everyone is a certain number 1-10 and 10s tend to want to date other 10s and 9's 8's on down but if you ask me dating sites are a waste for everyone... there's this thing called chemistry and you can't get that from a dating site... when you see someone in person your seeing them at the moment not 10 years ago... i kind of met a couple of guys that way but not really we met in a public place and the meetings were short and brief... i didn't like it, not at all

• 11d

I just feel ugly and undesirable when I try to use them... and I totally understand the chemistry side of things which makes me even more uninterested because I don't care how attractive someone is - if we have no chemistry nothing is going to happen.

• 11d

maybe your trying too hard don't feel ugly and undesirable because they're on the same site as you are but it's pressure... talking to a guy on dating site is pressure... keep it light try and be funny and not so serious... being serious is scary for a girl... i mean don't be clown but keep it light find out about her what she likes that's what a dating site is for to find someone who like what you like and on down the line.. a lot of girls don't care about looks per se anyway a lot are looking for a nice guy they might find you safe to date if your not too goodlooking because a lot of girls fear a player you seem like a nice gentle and caring guy so you should do okay if your really that sensitive but you may be a little too serious which is fine but you might be scaring girls away because of it

• Online dating sucks for most people, myself included. Try speed dating instead? I've always wanted to try that. I think it's easier to get chemistry with someone you meet face to face than trying to get that with a 2D image of yourself.

• Its someone on dating sites for someone. You just have to take your time to look and chat with females. It seems as if the same people are on the same dating sites tho. But I dont think that you should give up on them, its a good way to meet females.

• No. you might look average to someone but to another person you may be a 10. Everyone thinks different and is attracted to different things about someone, plus if you're a lovely guy, I'm sure you'll meet someone 😊

• I'd be happy to find someone that was average.

• plenty of average looking guys will find success if they don't set their standards too high..

• 11d

most of the time guys won't find anyone bevause they want the super hot girls and don't want the average girls who go for them

• 11d

*by staying away from it all...*

• 11d

yeah I understand why you stay away from it!
      Things are so complicated with social media it seems these days

• No, I don't think so.
    Mb if you're an average guy with an average personality...

• I don't think so, I do like who have a good looking, but, since we talking, nothing about looking, I met one b4, he is average looking guy, but after we talking I think we have lost common habits, all you have to do is talking to them! I am a web designer, I do dating websites, I know girls.

• i don't know but they feel that way for me

• I think it's just luck of the draw. I know some guys who are on dates almost every weekend with girls off these sites, but I know other guys who don't get anything, and these guys are pretty similar levels.

• Yes.

• No one wants u bruv get used to that

• 11d

Correction, the ones that do I just don't want... and that rare occasion that I find someone I want that wants me, shit goes south fast bruhhh.

• 11d

Bruh... you a tru G
      Like you know what I mean like nobody knows what I mean - ya feel me?

But in all honesty I just want someone I can connect with and actually find sexually attractive... who wouldn't fuck me over and cheat on me and all that other rancid shit that people seem to do these days.

• 11d

Nah bruv I gotcha I feel that
      There's a lotta pussies out there who would do shit
      You gotta watch out for urself in this dating world which is complete shit

• It depends

What Guys Said 10

• Yup, dating sites breed unrealistic expectations for both sexes. The guys tend to want Miss America contenders (myself included) and the girls want tall, dark, handsome, and $50-100k salary. I sometimes be pathetic and window shop anyway, even though none of them will have a guy old enough to be their grandpa/great-grandpa (not to mention not tall, dark, handsome, or rich).

• 11d

100 years of wisdom is where it's at, these bitches are missing out! If you were my great grandpa we would pimp it hard in the real world 🌎

• Yeah, pretty much, unless you're prepared to scrape the absolute bottom of the barrel and even that will be hard.

• Not pointless but it's hard bro. I get matches on Tinder and once a blue moon there's a response, and then even that doesn't go anywhere.

• 11d

I know bro, I know... you gotta pimp it in the real world, that online shit is too slow and stagnant better off just going out there on the weekends to clubs with your friends.

• If you show wealth in your picture a nice house well dressed a nice car you can be an ugly dude and you still will be successful

• 11d

I don't believe in those stereotypes... but the clubs are the best bet if your online game is shit. At least it's face to face.

• 11d

Oh... okay... well... I guess I'll take them from them than. Yeah that's what I'll do!

• 11d

Just be yourself and find a good girl that like you for who you are and not how much money you have and I'm sure you'll find a nice decently girl one day. Just bring a lot of good personality to the table

• I'm straight up ugly and I get a giod amount of matches. But I suppose if you only go for women who are 10s you will have zero success as an average guy.

• 11d

Sometimes I blind swipe until I max out! Don't give the "being too picky" rhetoric because that's not the case.

• 11d

I dont know what your problem is then. I'm getting matches, I would be happy if I could call myself average. Maybe your profile sucks lol.

• Yes. Supply and demand. In the dating-world women provide the supply most of the time.

The problem with online dating is that many guys - who wouldn't in the real world ever dare approach a girl - suddenly dare in online dating. This results in a disbalance - aka many girls get a lot more picky than they normally would be due to the mass of messages they get.

• plenty of "average looking guys" that find success with online dating.

so not pointless

• 11d

It's very rare below age 35 and usually requires some severe stretching of the definition of "success".

• 11d

It's still frustrating though

• 11d

life is difficult, but if there is something you want, ain't nothing to it but to do it.

• Beouty is in the eyes of the beholder. I don't like dating apps, but average for you isn't average to someone else.

• Not really actually might be more effective

• Yeah, probably shouldn't even try.