Should You Be In Love At 17?

im 17 and i swear im in love with this guy and he makes me happy but i constantly feel like im being judged because of my age and his, he's 21 by the way, i know im young i should live a little but if he's the one im going to throw it away because people say i shouldn't be in love?

What Guys Said 4

• That's just way too young, that's what they call puppy love get through college first

• Most likely not. Call me cynical or anything else, but love at 17 does not sound like a long term plan.

• Between. 17 to 21 isn't that big. I don't feel like I have changed much since. i was 17. It's ok to fall in love with him, continue your relationship.

• Just so you know, most young marriages, don't last

• 5d

At a later point they get curious about dating other people... pretty sure that is what ends it

• 5d

Essentially, that's what it boils down to, but, many times, it just winds up being that they just can't get along. They're always fighting

What Girls Said 6

• Its not that you SHOULDN'T be in love, its that you shouldn't jump the gun so quickly to say you are. Maybe you do love him, but its most likely just infatuation. I thought I was in love a few times but it turned out to be nothing more than infatuation. I was truly and deeply in love once, which is completely different from infatuation after a few months. Have fun, but be careful cause more than likely you're gonna get heartbroken.

• I don't think you're in love, I think you're "infatuated" by him.

• 5d

And you should replace "should" with "could".

• 5d

no because i know im in love im wondering what other people think about me being in love at my age

• 5d

Im sure you are "in love" honey, wait a few years until you decide on that.

• No lmao ur 17 so why do u wanna ruin ur life so early? 😊

Jk lol love is a great thing but take it slow and don't rush yourself or feel pressured to feel or act a certain way.

• Damn, he's young to be rocking the cradle. What does he do? How'd you meet a 21 year old? Seriously.

• 5d

I met him at work and since im mature for my age i tend to hang out with people a bit older than me and we stayed hanging out and the reason he talks to me for my age is because im mature for my age

• 4d

You're young, and though most people meet their future husband by his age... a lot of young loves become first loves, and you move on to different things are you mature and find out what you truly want in life. That being said, I'm not judging you : P I was 17 once

• It is okay to be in love. Maybe you are in love. It is okay. But it isn't okay to rush into things and dive in headfirst.

• Have fun... but not too much fun ;) lol. Good luck