How do you get "to the level" of being someone's girlfriend?

I asked a guy I'm dating if he sees me as a potential girlfriend and his response was that I'm not at that level yet...

What Guys Said 4

• You shouldn't have asked as it puts unneeded pressure on a new relationship and makes the guy worry that you'll be needy, possessive, or obsessive. You should have waited longer to see how the relationship progressed. If you do this, there will be a point where you two are either obviously a couple or you two are obviously just dating or friends with benefits. At that point, you can ask but you likely won't even need to.

• 9d

Do you think there's any potential left at this point since I asked that? Now I realize that I should;t have asked that. I just wanted to make sure that we were both looking for the same thing.

• 8d

Why do you think that some people assume that he just wants to have sex by him saying this?

• 8d

I'm not sure why some people would think that. Maybe they think that a guy who is dating a girl should be very quick to declare her a girlfriend? I know at that age, I would have been wary of someone who brought up the "girlfriend" talk really soon, just like I would be wary of someone who wanted to talk about having kids really soon.

• TF, lol... just forget him. Dude thinks you're like a damm pokemon or something. You can't unlock him yet until you've reached level 47
    media.giphy.com/media/ILmqMop0Q0xsQ/giphy.gif

• yeah he is right

• The guy wants a f*** girl. He wants to have sex with you in an open relationship and iiiiiiiiif and wheeeeeen he decides to go exclusive then you are his girlfriend. My advice: if you want sex and hust that, go for it. If not. Screw this guy.

• 9d

I just started dating him lol. What makes you think he wants an open relationship?

• 9d

"Not girlfriend yet". So it makes sense for you to just date, have some sex, stay in the shadows and after a while if he decides you re a couple. Talk to him. The decision is yours.

What Girls Said 1

• He only wants to screw.

• 8d

What makes you think that?

• 8d

I forgot to add that he did tell me that he was looking for a girlfriend because he wants to be able to do all of the things that he could do only with someone he is in a relationship with such as cuddling/ falling asleep in each other's arms, etc... I asked him if he sees me as a potential girlfriend after telling him that i have no dating/sexual experience. Then he responded with that. I'm not sure if he's implying that he does see me as a potential girlfriend, but if it's too early for me to become official with him...

• 8d

How long have you been dating?