Teacher student relationship.. are they interested?

so last year and me and my teacher would get along really well (he's in his late 30's and i'm now a freshman in college). he would compliment me and we would discretely flirt, call each other babe, etc. we showed each other bands and art and he would give me As (which no one else got)
at the end of the year he helped me with an sculpting idea i had after school on the last day and gave me his personal email which he doesn't give out
i went back to visit him he told me he is finally single, how he's happy i came etc. kept telling me to keep emailing him when i said no bc he didn't answer my last email and then 10 mins later he said no email me i'll give you my number and by the end of our meet he gave me his number and said "i wanna see you again babe" .. i texted him to save my number and he never answered.. WHAT IS UP?

What Guys Said 3

• He is interested, that is why he made sure to tell you he is single.

• It sounds like he's interested, but hesitant about dating a girl so much younger.

• What a creep.

What Girls Said 2

• nope

• If this isn't the biggest paragraph of 'NOPE' I've read, I don't know what is.