Guys, why do you date women who don't respect you?

I have a friend who is a really nice guy. He has been with this girl for 6 years, but they have been on and off all the time and keep fighting non-stop. She refuses to sleep with him or talk to him, thinks all his interests (mostly geeky) are dumb and makes fun of him. Her excuse is that he is obese (she used to be but lost the weight) and that he will never be able to do better than her anyway, or find someone who would be attracted to him.

Any tips on how to help this guy out, or raise his confidence, or help him find someone new? I usually would not get involved but it really seems destructive and has hurt his career/mental health etc. My fiance and I try to be supportive to him but he just keeps going back to her.

What Guys Said 2

• they're probably really hot

• 10d

Sure, but in this case... so many years of barely getting laid/talked to, anything... just seems strange. Is a trophy wife worth being unhappy for?

• 10d

he probably believes her when she says he won't do any better. So he's willing to put up with everything. No it's not worth it in my opinion.

• For the same reasons that women date assholes i don't get it.

What Girls Said 1

• They take whatever they can get. Sad truth.