Do guys view some girls as "relationship material" and not approach her because of it?

If a guy is not really looking for something serious and long-term but meets a girl, is it possible that he could view the situation as knowing that it would be something serious and so he refrains from pursuing her because he is not focused on that? Do some girls give off that "serious" vibe where you don't even try playing those "dating games" with them and keep your distance because you know you can see yourself being serious with her?

Not necessarily that anything she SAID made you know she was looking for something serious, I really mean just a girl's vibe or the chemistry you have with her where you know you'd be in deep so you avoid it.

10d I am basically asking, do some women give off the "serious" vibe and do guys pick up on that?
10d Thank you for your responses. But I am asking if you would be getting to know a girl and realize that you could totally see yourself being serious with her because she is "that type of girl" but still not want that so you decide not to take it further. Not because of anything she SAID or any way she behaves, but just by who she is and the way she carries herself, you realize "this isn't a casual type of girl", so you stay away. Not talking about girls who make it known they want a relationship.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys who are selfish/narcissistic will just do whatever they want to do to get what they want. Guys who actually care, though, will take her needs (or her assumed desires) into consideration and, yes, they might choose not to approach a girl who seems to be a "relationship type" if they aren't looking for a relationship - because one of the things they're looking to avoid by avoiding relationships is DRAMA, and starting a relationship that doesn't share such a critical goal is destined to bring with it a lot of drama.

What Guys Said 21

• A lot of girls aren't playgirls or Trump tramps, and have to be treated with respect.
    You're right guys sense that she's not going to be an easy conquest, so they don't even go near her.

But do you think such a woman minds that she doesn't have to put up with players and brainless hustlers? I think not.

• 10d

by the way, I see you are here for the first day. Welcome to Girls ask Guys. I hope you learn a lot here!

• 9d

Thank you for your thoughtful reply and for your welcome. You are right, a woman who is an easy conquest would not care to date a player anyway.

• I can think of maybe one time in my life where that has happened lol. And even then that wasn't the full reason. It was more so I was single and looking for fun. I could tell this girl was more serious and less likely to be up for hooking up immediately over another girl who was more likely to hook up quickly. Had there not been another girl as attractive as she was in the room, then I would have approached her.

But girls like that who you can tell just by looking at them are rare anyways. Because so many girls look a certain way, but if you just talk to them they are nothing like how you thought they'd be. Positive or negative. That's why you can't really know, unless you're at the very least in their vicinity and you can experience them if not directly.

• lol It is rare to find girls these days who are serious, and knows what they want. I'm sure If a 'relationship material' girl goes after so-called Alpha-males and players, definitely such guys won't approach.

Such guys are not looking for something serious, plus these girls are confident enough to know what they want and will stick to it, so players know they are wasting their time so will move on to the next. If you are such a girl who wants something serious from a guy, not just sex, and he notices and moves on, you should consider this a bullet dodged.

As much as girls love to try and 'change' these guys, it is a pity that they are wasting their time Some of those girls might even end up falling for the mind games when they push themselves too hard on such guys, leaving themselves open and vulnerable.

• Yes, absolutely, some of us care enough to take that into consideration, although others won't care and will just play her.

• Not really tbh. Usually what strikes me most about a girl is the tastes of different things she has like music, sports or movies. If she has the same brand of taste as me I instantly like her without even thinking twice lol. Things have really worked out for me this way in the past. Our understanding level automatically reaches 500% & then I feel comfortable about being with her.

• Yes and no. Some girls for sure seem more wholesome and serious. I dont think most guys run away from that.

• I go ONLY for that. Even if she is serious to a point it freaks me out i would not miss a chance to approach her.
    Just because i didn't have anything like that before doesn't mean i don't want it you know. Besides, i am rarely interested so i'd grab the opportunity.

• I usually go in with assumption that all girls want relationships unless they state otherwise. Even then I'm usually pretty skeptical.

• yeah sometimes

• Yes, because (I'm assuming closed) relationships are too much of a time sink and cause too much drama. Too many women in the world to bed to have time for that.

• Yes. Some women demand your attention and expect you to interact with them; especially when they are interest in you. I tend to look for the nearest exit as I'm in no hurry to "settle down" to start a family...

• Yes. I've been guilty of this in the past.

• Because they are not ready to settle down.

• If guys see girls as LTR material they may go for it or lead them on and they may not want that in the long run but if I was looking I know that I would

• They would only avoid her if they are not looking or wanting a serious relationship.

• Can't be bothered for this materials bullshit

• I think most girls want a relationship in some way. Some girls look or act like you might get sexual favors long before a relationship is established because they want xomething. Sex or attention or companionship..

• Nope. If I'm interested in a relationship, I kept pursuing it. Usually if I was interested, they'd flake or the ones who did want a relationship with me I was either not attracted to or they were rushing into so fast that it scared me away.

• I might be scared to hit on a hot friend if she is really cute. Yeah. But girls need to be more sexual around boyfriend material guys lol so we know we can make a move?

• oh hell yeah they do! whe. im on a prowl, girls that "seem nice" don't register on my radar. it as not hi g personal, but those kind of girls just aren't worth it in my opinion. they end up sad and like it's all my fault, no matter how transparent I've been.

• Sometimes you can tell but generally most girls want a relationship anyway