Do people prefer electronics to dating?

Might sound corny but I think people really prefer electronics to dating. My parents limited me severely with video games, cell phones, computers, etc. I have a phone now but it seems girls enjoy flirting through text more than in person. They like bragging that they got a text rather than bragging that a guy took them out. Same for guys it seems like. I'm really baffled by this. I think my only chance with a girl is if I just fb her a lot or at least respond. It's kind of strange. Isn't it?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's some truth to that. Many people would rather have hollow lives with shallow praise and fake accomplishments rather than actually make themselves emotionally vulnerable to another person.

What Girls Said 1

• Sadly, many people do resort to technology to communicate a lot of the time now. I find it hard to even have an in person conversation with some people because they simple have a hard time with it. However, I much prefer and in person conversation to simply texting.

What Guys Said 1

• Nah I do not. Under certain conditions, an electronic device can shock you and be painful. On the other hand, dating is --

-- oh wait. :o