Why do I like guys that treat me badly?

There are 2 guys. The first guy is a good guy, he's nice, smart, funny & he actually wants to get to know me. The second guy has made it very clear that he only wants to hook up. I'm attracted to guy #2 and want to hook up with him, but I know I shouldn't since it's not going to lead to anything. I don't really know much about him. Guy #1 is nice and hasn't made a move yet, but i know he used to have a crush on me so I don't mind waiting a little bit for something to happen. In my head, I know who I should pick, but in reality I want guy #2. Why do I want him if he only wants to hook up?

What Guys Said 5

• Because your self esteem sucks. You have some issues that make you not feel worthy or whatever shit it's going on in your head.
    I've honestly never met a stable girl who will choose a guy that treats her badly, it's always the girls with the most problems that go for them.

• That's something guys try to figure out for years. But maybe your just looking at the short term goal of dating and not ready to settle down with a serious relationship.

• You need to work on your selfesteem and worth that's bullshit

• Maybe you're a bad girl, looking for a bad guy. 😂

• Women always like that adventurous "fun" guy. Then they complain that they are being abused... I don't get it. If you want a real relationship, go with number 1. If you want an intense short time fling, go with number 2, and HOPE number 1 is there when you are done.

What Girls Said 1

• Hey there,
    First off, you should define what type of relationship YOU want. Do you want a possible long lasting one? Or a hit and quit? I know that may sound harsh, but sometimes people get into relationships that they dont know the underline reason as to why they're in the relationship. Sometimes the mysterious bad boy seems more interesting and exciting, it's normal. But at the end of the day, you have to chose what YOU want? And you never know, Guy #2 may want to get to know you a little more too.
    Best of luck!