Are double dates easier than solo dates?

My best friend has a boyfriend who has a friend who is moving in with him.

Best friends boyfriend is super hype to set us up.

So this weekend we're doing a "double date" type of deal. Sort of a blind double date. Except my best friend and her boyfriend obviously know what one another look like.

I'm nervous because I'm always convinced I'm a disappointment to be stuck with, and because I'm hella awkward and shy with new people.

Since I've never met her boyfriend before I'll be dealing with TWO new people.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• It will be fun. Just go with the flow and just as long the environment is good and your friend talks and your date talks a lot then things should be fine. Don't stress or over think it.

• For someone shy like you it will probably be easier as your friend will be there - The alternative is a blind first date which you might find very hard - I would approach it as meeting two new people rather than a date - If you click with the guy, well and good - If not it was a night out with friends of your friend.

• Don't focus on the "date" part of it and you should be fine. Just go in with the mindset of "I'm going to have fun w/ my friend and a couple of other people." Then just keep the conversation light, fun and interesting. The ONLY "date-like" consideration you should make is to wear something that looks GOOD on you. After that, don't even think about it like a date.

• Meeting new people is never very difficult. I mean your conversations are just going to be small talk to start off. You'll probably answer the "what do you do for a living?" question and explain yourself. But after that I would suggest talking about some hobbies. Like, what are they interested in? What do they do on their free time when they are not working? Just go in with the mindset of wanting to learn more about who these guys are. And yes I imagine it is much easier than a solo date, since you have a bunch of people talking and probably won't be a dull moment. Good luck! Hope this helps!

• I've only been on one double date and the dates friends dude ended up turning on me instead of working with me. It ended up turning in a competition and I can confidently say I won lmao. That situation probably wouldn't make a pleasant experience for most baha. 1 on 1 is easier.

• 4d

Yeah I'd imagine that'd leave a bad taste in someone's mouth for double dates 😂

I'll give it a shot, I haven't even spoken to the dude so I'm not emotionally invested or anything

• 4d

Yeah if they start turning on you just show em a rear gloot spread to assert dominance bro. It's all good!

• It's all situational. I've had double dates and I've had times where I brought dates out while I was hanging with friends.

The one double date was awkward mostly because it was my first time meeting this girl and she didn't tell me about her friends coming along and we were at her friend's band's show so we couldn't talk much.

• It can be fun but it also gets awkward at times: you might want some privacy but don't want to appear rude by going off with your companion alone.

• Yeah they can be I've only been on one and it was alright it wasn't awkward or anything. And having you friend there is most cases will help make things easier.

• I only had solo dates

• it is up t the situation

• take it as it comes. most times with double dates you can let the friend carry the conversation and then you just fall in.

• Even worse, sometimes there's insecurities and jealousy which causes problems..

• 4d

Jealous about what tho

• 4d

Maybe one couple does things that a certain person of the other couple wants but doesn't get.

• Yes, is less awkward and more fun, and you can share experience with each other.

• while solo i think about make love :)
    double is best

• the only thing that is easy is death and taxes

• 15h

truthfully I'll do a double date only on the first date because if you do it quite often you never have any privacy

• Having your best friend there will make it much less awkward for you. You'll feel safer, you know she got your back and you can always talk to her if you felt like you're being too quiet.

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly it can be good to have someone there to bail you out but it can also cause issues; it's hard to really get a feel for a guy when you have other people around since you have to balance the conversation between multiple people.

• It might help you out that your best friend is there, even though you'll be with two new people. Obviously, don't cling to her and talk to the guy you're going on the date with. However, you can find common ground with your friend on different conversation topics and feel more comfortable opening up that way.

• But if you have a good interaction with your friend that should make you a little more outgoing. Plus if she knows you and the guy, she wouldn't allow it if she didn't think you'd get along. just go to have fun wth your friend and don't put pressure on yourself.

• 3d

She's never met him before either. :/

• 3d

D'oh😳 Just focus on your friend and have fun. it's better than a blind date with just the guy, so there's that. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck💟

• just for the first time

• I don't know but i fel like it won't be a real date tho cause there will be another couple with you

• sometimes

• No... when I'm dating I just want him to focus on me.

• No, as an introvert its hard enough dealing with one person, not with three. I prefer 1x1 dates.

• I think that double-dates are trickier...

• So don't go if you feel this badly about it….

• 4d

I don't feel badly about it, I'm excited for it. I just feel anxious about making a terrible first impression.

Especially since her boyfriend seems so invested 😂