Why do most people say long distance relationships don't work? What are some of the ways to make it work?

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually it's bevause of communication. A lot of people don't know how to communicate properly, or ignore their partners wishes.
    Another reason is insecurity. You always think the person isn't faithful to you or is fucking someone there.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• "Why do most people say long distance relationships don't work?"

Because the VAST MAJORITY of the time, they don't.

Studies have shown that, on average, people can maintain a connection for only about 90 days before they start to lose interest. Literally, your brain chemistry changes, and you don't make as many of the hormones that cause you to bond with and desire the company of the other person - it's the brain protecting itself.

LDRs are "all the work and none of the reward" - and they take great effort and sacrifice to maintain, which only the MOST dedicated and committed can achieve. And it only works if BOTH people in a couple are that dedicated and that willing to sacrifice - which is rarely the case.

Do yourself and the other person a huge favor: break up now and move on with your life as if you'll never see them again (i. e., do NOT put your love life on hold "waiting" for them). You can agree that IF, at some point in the future, you move close together again, and IF you're both single, that you'll try again, but you cannot put your life on hold and wait for that, because very often, it won't happen.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but it's the harsh truth, and the sooner you accept it, the better off you'll be.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no way unless you have money, car, sex involved. I'm not traveling 60 plus miles and only cuddles, talk and not stay the night. Make my time worth it. Now another reason. You'll be online for 89% of the relationship. That's making the lover suffer worse. Other reasons are fairly small but still they never work out for real.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been in one doesn't work

0|0
    0|0
  • You need physical contact to make it work... be with each other. Most ldrs fail.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!