My boyfriend accidentally admitted other girls are more beautiful?

Hey, I'm new here :)
I'm a bit depressed because today I was talking to my boyfriend (we want to get married), and he'd always tell me how beautiful I am and that he sees me as the most beautiful girl ever. Today, however, he accidentally said "I dont want girls to be with other girls even if they are more beautiful than you.. uhh... not that there are any more beautiful than you"
I didn't say anything but I want to just bring it up to him. People compliment me and say I'm really pretty and I know there are many more prettier girls than me, but now my self confidence has plummeted and I hardly have any! If he truly loves me wouldn't he really think that I am the most beautiful to him in terms of looks and personality? He himself is not very handsome but I find him the best and sexiest guy.
I'm really upset. I know I'm ugly and other girls dress up better and are better than me.

11d So you guys think it's compleely normal if he said that? He still finds me beautiful, right? By looks and personality? And I don't daydream about other guys and I am very much attracted to him. When I said he isn't the most handsome, I meant to other people, to me he is
11d And you guys are saying stuff like you're not the most beautiful. I never thought that, dont think that nor ever will. I have already mentioned how I suffer from inferiority complex lol

What Guys Said 8

• "He himself is not very handsome but I find him the best and sexiest guy"

There you fucking go. You don't get to complain about this when you yourself don't think that he is the most handsome guy in the world. Stop being a hypocrite and understand that he wouldn't want to marry you if he didn't love you.

• 11d

I still find him sexy and I do think he is a bit handsome but at least I am honest, if he doesn't think I am the most beautiful why did he say it before?

• 11d

Lol little bit late for you to say that now when you already said "He himself is not very handsome"

You acknowledge that he isn't the most handsome guy and he acknowledges that you're not the most beautiful girl. Because those are simply truths. You need to stop being so insecure over something as obvious as that.

• 11d

I think I know what I meant and I don't have to prove it to you lol

• if it's bothering you then talk to him about it.

you already acknowledged the facts so just get it out in the open with him.

• If you truly believe that he should think you're the most beautiful girl in the world just because you are dating then you are delusional. Does he love you? Yes, does he think you are beautiful? Yes but for you to expect him to think you're the most beautiful girl in the whole world is just egotistical

• No matter who you are, there will always be people more beautiful (or successful or witty or intelligent, etc, etc) than you. You just admitted your boyfriend is not very handsome and that's the same thing. Aren't there also guys richer, smarter, and more successful than him? Yes, in fact there are millions of them out there, and yet he is still the only one for you.

So it's not important that he thinks you are literally the most beautiful in the world, what's important is that he loves and wants you over all others, flaws and all.

• You will never get married if you freak out about minor sentences like that.

Especially if you think "possibility of there being at least one other girl who's better looking == you are ugly".

That's quite the logical hoop. It is a false equivalency by the way.

• Unless you're a supermodel, then yes, there are girls who are more beautiful than you, just like there are guys who are better than him. That's life.

• Are you 12?

• Is it an insult or a challenge. Time to hit the gym get a makeover and greet him ar the door after work in a sexy teddy, the newspaper in one hand and a martini in the other and dinner in the oven like its the fifties.

• 11d

Was that sarcasm?

• 11d

So I have to "up my game" so that someone can continhe loving me? True beauty isn't about dressing up or wearing make up. And no matter how much I try, he will always come across women more attractive. Plus, we don't even get to meet that much, we just have telephonic or internet conversations so I plan on umm... flaunting my beauty after marriage lol

• 11d

You must effort into the relationship but its sounds like a long distance college thing so its doomed.

What Girls Said 3

• He didn't call you ugly... He just said some other girls might be more beautiful, which is nothing to worry about. Now if he compares you to them, then you can worry but as it stands he made a meaningless ststemebt

• I would nag him and bring it up. Tell him how you feel. Besides, he's not handsome anyway, it's not like a pretty girl would actually want him like that anyway.

• You're delusional if you think you're gonna be the most beautiful person in the world. He has eyes and sees what's out there. Doesn't mean he doesn't love you and want only YOU.