Is it wrong to be attracted to a female friend?

I have a female friend. I've known her since junior yr in high school and now I'm thinking I'm attracted to her. Is that wrong?

What Girls Said 12

• Nope. You got a hardcore case of "heterosexual dude with a girl friend that got cute."

• No, it shouldn't be wrong. She is a female and she is your friend. Unlike being attracted to another family member or sibling. She is somebody you are comfortable with and being around. Now the thing is, you have to make sure that she is right for you and what are you doing to make sure your the kind of guy she needs in her life. That is the most important thing to always remember. Other than that, if you want to try to at least go on one date, give it a try.

• Why would it be wrong? Go for it

• Nah, it's pretty normal.

• no. not at all. rather its pretty normal. whether you pursue her based on this attraction or not is ur decision. because there is a physical aspect to attraction that appeals the eyes, and i dont think we have any conscious control over it. so there is nthng to worry.

• no its not wrong

• Nope. Why should it be wrong..

• Nothing is wrong with liking a friend

• This is actually pretty normal

• why would it be a bad thing if you're attracted to her if there's nothing wrong with it you just saw her grow and you grew with her that's actually kind of cute

• No it's natural

• No. not at all. It's your feelings. They can't be helped

What Guys Said 15

• No it is not wrong at all. but you do have to be careful on how you approach her if it is not a mutual feeling then you run the high risk of loosing her as a friend at least if it does not work out. You two will be very awkward around each other for a while.
    If you do want her then you should start flirting with her, touching her more , and acting like a gentleman with her. Start treating her like a woman that you want to ask out. If she asks tell her casually don't make a big deal out of it. Let her know that you like her and don't want to hurt her but if it does not work out or if she does not want to date that you will still be her friend.
    I just tried to date one of my female friends that I had come to like and she did not want to date me because I was to good for her and that she did not think that it was worth the risk of losing me to try and date. She valued my friendship over the possibility of something more and I have to respect her decision. Even though it hurt. After a while we got back to being friends again. After I showed interest in a new girl after a while she realized that I was over her and she started to act like her normal self and recalled around me.
    Of you want to risk it go for her and see where it leads to.

• Yeah, I heard you can go to jail for that.

• unavoidable, most of the time.

• no it is not wrong

• "Now I'm thinking"? Took way too long. You're just getting desperate.

• It's not wrong. If she likes you back then that's perfect but if she doesn't like you back then she would be disappointed to find out that you are attracted to her. I find it quite annoying when a friend is attracted to me...

• nope in fact most my female friends iv fucked so id say its more than acceptable

• Just as long as you don't let that get in the way of your friendship.

• Yes!

• No, why would it be?

• No, it's not wrong.

• No, that just happens.

• That's pretty normal

• No, good girlfriends almost always come from this category.

• Of course it isn't! You should go for it! It's a great thing