Is it weird to be attracted to older men more than guys my own age?

Like most people my age would think it's gross being attracted to someone way older but I'm weirdly more attracted to them than guys my own age. By older I mean 30-40's. I'd never act on it and I still am attracted to guys my own age, it's just less of a physical attraction.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a tad uncommon yes but not unheard of. There is obviously an underlying reason, could it be guys your own age don't tick all the right boxes in terms of maturity, success etc.

• 4d

I think older guys are just more confident and generally better conversation, I don't know

• 4d

Hmmm yeah maybe! Good point

• 4d

I'm quite mature for my age, i've had a couple of people mention that they thought i was 28/29 rather than 23 (which is how old i was at the time) unfortunately a lot of guys are player types, but those are the people i actively avoid, i can not stand lads

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm the same way. Older guys are way hotter to me. They're more confident, they're more established, and they treat girls better. Plus, I'm much more physically attracted to them. They have a manly look that younger guys don't have.

What Guys Said 22

• It's surprisingly more common than you probably think, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've been on the receiving end of a younger woman's attraction a few times, myself; and I know other guys my age who have been, as well.

You're perfectly fine.

• by 10 years? not really unheard of. 20 years.

I don't know i always thought 5 years was a good number lol.

• First I heard about it :P Guess what? I'm attracted to younger girls. :P Well, within reason of course.

• Just follow your heart Alex, anyone you feel genuinly attracted to is fine. :D
    Just don't let yourself be seduced by a guys who's only into his pleasure before dumping you :o

• No, it's normal for girls. Girls my own age want nothing to do with me, but girls 16-19 flirt their asses off.

• Yes, it's normal and i don't find it weird. I'm attracted to younger girls
    who are legal age. My sister , she's age 47 and would date guys 20
    years older than her self. I think love has no age limit as long as it's
    legal in the eyes of God.

• 10 years plus is no big deal, I think. 20 years does make a significant difference in time. But hey, each to their own!

• No...

... No not at all!

*looks around*

• Not really, unless you're talking elderly old. The older you're talking, the more weird it is to me.

• Not weird at all and I almost didn't recognize you!

• No. It's common to young girls to be are

• Why do not you like the men in our age? Do you feel childish about that guys? it's weird absolutely. you are very beautiful, really shame for young guys like me :)

• girls interested in older guys.. its built into ur DNA

• it's not.

• Nope. I wouldn't date much older than you if I could be bothered with it.

• Yeah it's pretty weird because they are genetically less "stable" by then

• 4d

What do you mean by that?

• 4d

Biological clock hits everyone, it just hits women harder at around 32, but that doesn't mean the male sperm count and quality doesn't decrease with age

• no it's not we are the best.
    i love younger girls you should definitely act on it

• nothing that uncommon

• Abraham Lincoln was about 20 years older than his wife. Less common now.

• Nope

• Having considered this carefully, I've concluded you just have good taste.

• older guys = more successful
    more successful = more money

yeah, you're a normal woman

• 4d

What? That's stupid.
      I've dated a guy my own age who is very wealthy but I'm not interested.

• 4d

Well you can't generalise all women 🙄

• 4d

i know i probably shouldn't

What Girls Said 1

• I think it is common for young women.. but I hope you will grow out from it.. when you are a bit older..