My boyfriend says he wants a break but took my name out his bio on Instagram?

So as far as i know a break is not a break up technically. My boyfriend says he wants a break and i was just like if its what u want fine. If its not a break up technically why did he take my name out of his bio?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that a break would mean or lead to a break up 90% of the time. The problem with taking a break from each other is that you don't fix anything. It just puts everything on pause. It might give some time to think but only in isolation, you don't actually work on anything together.

The fact that he has now removed you from his social media suggests that this might not be just a break for him.

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe he just doesn't want to see your name and take a real break. If he didn't actually say he wants to break up, then he may just need some time alone.

• break = temporary break up

dont agree to it

• Its always hard to end a relationship. From here what you said I assume that he might be done..

What Girls Said 3

• from my understanding, a break is the same as a breakup except there is an acknowledgement of maybe getting back together in the future, whereas just a "break up" insinuates end of ties with that person with the option of getting back together OFF the table. however, the definition varies from person to person. better you ask your dude/ex-dude for clarification

• he wants to sleep around in come back to you when he's done or catch something. A break is the same thing as breaking up.

• A break is a break up. I have literally never heard of a single person taking a break from a relationship and returning to it.