Girls, Females: do you find yourself being the one doing everything in a relationship?

I see this a lot when it comes to dating and being in a relationship. The female is usually the one doing all the work in a relationship while the guy does nothing at all. This bothers me.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• That's because so many women are desperate to keep a man that they will put up with that type of behavior to be in a relationship. And then those same women look down on single girls.

I've been in a few relationships like that, but I ended it. I can't do the most when a guy won't even do 5%. It has to be equal effort that way you know he cares too. A lot of guys are only in relationships so they can get regular sex and dont really see their girlfriends as the love of their lives. So when you notice you aren't being appreciated be smart enough to walk the fuck away!

• 2d

Omg you sound exactly like me. I so agree with everything that you said. It seems that men just want to get in relationships because of the sex and get what they can get. They demand a female look and act a certain way but dont bring anything to the table themselves. I have been through so many failed relationships, that it drained me mentally and emotionally.

What Girls Said 4

• I have found that yes some girls do most or all of the work but then again commonly when a guy tries to do something the girl shuts him down so it's not that they don't want to do anything its that do or don't they are in trouble either way so why try when you get in shit just as you would when you didn't try. I on the other hand would love if my boyfriend planned a surprise for me but would prefer that he check when I have nothing going on so that I don't feel guilty about missing/leaving early from an event that I already have planned. of course that can't happen rn cause its an LDR but that's better then nothing in this case.

• I did for awhile at the very beginning but quickly realised that wasn't going to work for me. I wanted a partner, not a child so I stopped doing everything and explained what I needed from my partner for us to be equals and he was fine.
    Of course one of us will get lazy from time to time and the other prods us along but for the most part we have no issues now that each other's expectations are clear and agreed on

• 2d

Thank u for your honesty here. I was the same way but decided as I got older that I want better.

• 2d

I think it definitely comes with age and experience. Some people don't like to "rock the boat" in case their partner won't want them anymore but people treat them the way you let them. Reasonable standards are ok to have 😊

• 2d

In saying that, there are some things I do much more than my husband. I cook everything and organise our finances and family obligations but he has his own responsibilities in our partnership like our cars and home maintenance so it balances out

• Nope.
    I mean, yeah, I'll usually be the one to make plans of what we'll get up to on the weekend or when we're free, whether it be choosing which restaurant we'll eat at, what festival/craft or beer market we'll go to. Then again, you can't really say that's a bad thing when my boyfriend asks me and tells me that he'll be more than happy to accompany me to whatever tickles my fancy most. :)

• Yeaaah. Had to nip that quick once we lived together.