My boyfriend doesn't prioritize me and doesn't talk to me that much unless we're going to have sex. Does he not love me?

I love him and he tells me he loves me back, but only when i say it first. he puts his family as number one on his priority list, i dont mind this because family is family. i dont have a large family and im not close to them, so i wonder but i never get mad at that. However, he also puts his friends before me. he doesn't reply when he's out with friends, he says he can't play games with me because he has a premade team with his friends.. so i play alone. i try to call him because i want to talk to him in the evening. he leaves because he has to go to bed everytime. i try to communicate my problem about his neglect, but he brushes it aside and says im making a big deal out of nothing. when i texted him, he was making sexual comments. when we plan to meet up he replies quickly though, because we usually end up having sex. We dont really do anything special, its almost always sex and eating together. we dont go on dates or do anything like other couples do. I'm started to become more doubtfulof his feelings for me. despite all that i dont want to leave him, what should i do?

4d when we meet up he does kiss me and make promises to me. we sleep and shower together. I don't need a lot to feel loved, but he doesn't do anything outside of that

What Guys Said 7

• While every guy needs SOME time with his friends, and may have family obligations (especially if he lives with his family), it definitely doesn't sound like he's really making much of an effort for you. Normally, a guy will scale back his time with his friends and make time for his girl, or at least will include her in most of his activities with his friends.

Since he's not making any effort, I recommend you end it and find someone who will make you more of a priority. You can't expect a guy to spend every available moment with you - again, he needs time for other things too - but you definitely should expect more than you're getting now - especially in overall attitude.

• his friends and family should be important in his life. certainly family should be a high priority

but it does sound to me like he doesn't really make time for you and does sound like the enjoyment he gets from the relationship is primarily sexual. do friends or family have any opinions on the situation since they are closer to it and know more than we do?

• Normally I'd jump to a conclusion and say he doesn't love you, HOWEVER, he might be picking up on your idea that you don't need much love. He might either be ok with that or not want to inconvenience you by demanding more. Final answer: talk it through. You should both realize dating should *probably* require more desire from both of you.

• Sometimes things look exactly as they are, either accept it or move on.

• No using you for sex.

• y'all need to watch George Lopez, particulary the one where George hallucinates from "the worm" that, he's gay, and that whenever he tried to talk to Ernie, his now gay lover, about how he feels, Ernie only ever wants to talk about sports, or his ass. So, george goes to Angie, who's now tailoring the suits for the gay wedding, and he finally realizes that women are good to talk to, because they help men understand things better

• Does seem like you are just being used for sex

• 4d

Doesn't sound like love either

What Girls Said 1

• If I were in your position, I'd reconsider the relationship and I'd think about the possibility of breaking up with someone who doesn't seem to give much of a crap about me.