Do girls mind making the first move?

What Girls Said 18

• Buddy I will slide up on a guy like: "Hey, I really like that thing you're doing with your face. I should get you number, so I can see it again."

• If they are bold then yes. My friend actually invited a guy she liked to hang out. I'm too shy for that, but I admire that boldness

• They don't. But because of society we expect the guy to make the first move. We don't mind but we like it when the man does it simply because it's manly and it shows the girl. How much you mean to them by asking us out first. We as girls sometimes think it looks desperate if we make the first move. But we don't mind. It just depends on the girl! :)

• I don't like doing it.

• Yes there are some girl who make the first move.. I made the first move when i asked my boyfriend out but I would never usually do that.

• We do mind. As girls, it is already in our mindset that guys should make the first move. The reason is, men tend to take women for granted when they do the first move. Because men become accustomed on the fact that girls do what they're supposed to do. If the girl is giving you signals, she is trying to say "please make the first move!"

• Don't mind it but would rather not :)

• I have on many occasions.

• Yes, I do mind making the first move.

• Yes.

• It depends on the girl i wouldn't because the guys are suppose to give and the girls are suppose to receive.

• I do, honestly. A guy needs to show a girl he cares about her, because it's a lot more depressing for a girl to get rejected. Believe me. If you wanna ask a girl out, do it! If she says no, at least you know you flattered her.

• Im too insecure to make a move

• me personally i mind because the guy should make the first move not the girl

• i like to do the first move when it comes to sex... i like to be the boss

• fine with me. if I'm confident enough.

• I think yes, especially at your age.

• No. we dont mind it. at least tbh i dont think the smart ones have a problem in approaching. i mean if i like him, y not get him? rather than wait for months to see if he likes me and comes to me etc. etc

What Guys Said 3

• You know, it depends. In my experience, women have made the initial move on me maybe twice in my entire life. However, I have these friends where women seem to make moves on them all the time. One if my co-worker Gus, who now works for Google. He's 6'4" and a pretty good looking guy with this combo nerd + frat boy vibe. We'd do "work meetings" at this bar downtown and the waitresses hit on him more than a few times. I admit, I was shocked.

The other is my friend James who was the best man at my wedding. Whenever I've done online dating, I initiate all conversations but this guy doesn't even send messages. He just sits back and thirsty women who like his profile pictures flood his inbox. I mean, WTF?

• 3d

so would you respect a woman, who's descent and not thirsty, just naturally interested in you to make the first move?

• 3d

@aquarius_beauty Right, I understand and it could mean that he's not seriously interested and just interested enough to want to keep you as an option, but not interested enough to actually want to be with you. But how will you know until you try? Once you're very clear on where you two stand, then you can make a decision about him but for now, go for what you want.

• 3d

ok. thank you so much! I will

• I am not sure.

• Some don't