Girls, Can someone please help me solve this dilemma?

So, I go to college. In one of my classes is this really pretty girl. I soon learned, through overhearing a conversation, that she had a boyfriend. No big deal. I still chatted with her occasionally, and was friendly. However, I have just learned that her and her boyfriend of two years broke up less than a week ago.

I want to ask her out, but I'm not sure when the right time is. I don't want to swoop in immediately, because I know I will get rejected. However, if I wait too long, she might 1: find someone else, 2: Get back with him, or 3: the semester will end and I won't see her again.

She seemed kind of cold and agitated the last time I talked with her. I don't want to approach her if she's still upset, however if I wait, she might not say yes.

What do I do? The semester ends in a few weeks! I was planning on asking her out on Tuesday (6th) but if she's still emotional over the break up then I already know what her answer will be. Yet if I wait, someone else might ask her out first.

Is there something I can say to her when I ask her out to make her understand? Should I wait a bit longer? What should I do?

2

What Girls Said 2

• If you don't want to leave it too long then you could just talk to her :) Be friendly and sweet. Compliment her and flirt with her gently. If she responds you can increase it a little and then ask her out. If she says no, then accept it but still talk to her and flirt a little with her.
    Overall just be really gentle with her and friendly. Don't mention the break up and make her laugh. When you make her feel good while she's with you, soon she won't want to be without you.

• I think with any long term relationship, the first breakup never sticks. Usually they'll get back together, at least for a while. I would hang back for a bit to see what happens. Even if they don't get back together she probably won't be ready to date for a while. Or she'll be looking to rebound in which case, she won't be looking for anything long term.