He Said "I Love You"?

I'm 26 and been dating a 24 year old guy for about 1 month. Things have been going well, as he is a gentleman. But yesterday he told me "I Love You"... is it possible to love someone after only knowing them for 1 month?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• Peoples' opinions will differ on this but I don't believe that you can love someone in the truest sense of the word after just one month, no. I believe that it is an idealistic sentiment based on overwhelmed emotions. My opinion is that people confuse love with intensity of feeling and love isn't always about that. Love is about security, it is a deep and solid feeling of completion. It is based on a profound understanding of each other. It takes time to build that up.

• Yeah sure why not I guess?

What Girls Said 4

• There's nothing in the world that says how long it takes to develop love.

You can fall in love at first sight (or earlier ie. having a baby) or after many months & years. Who's to say.

It's an individuals feeling and only you can make it.

• yea
    if you see yourself often

• 2d

ignore my English XD
      if you see each other often

• Depends how you feel about him? He could be starry-eyed about you and getting caught up in the moment if things are very intense. I personally don't believe you can truly "love" someone after month, as it's not long enough to know a person inside and out. There is the exciting "in love" which I normally pin down to the early, exciting honeymoon phase and then there is the love you feel for a person where you wouldn't change them for the world. But love is love.

• It really depends 😅